Welcome to Glen Campbell Forums
Glen's time in Lindrith New Mexico (1951-1952)

Re: Say Hello to Other Members!

Hear Glen Campbell welcome you! Introduce yourself to other fans or share a memory!
Cowpoke

Post by Cowpoke »

Hi Phil,
welcome to the forum! It's great to have you here. If you feel like sharing some good old stories about Glen... I'm all ears! :)

I'm a carefree, range ridin', driftin' cowpoke...
boonevillephil

Post by boonevillephil »

Glad to be back in a forum again!

I've been a fan of Glen since the days of the album, "Glen Travis Campbell". I've gone to school with Glen's neice Stacy in my hometown of Booneville, AR and was good friends with Glen's half-brother, Wayne (Stacy's dad) & sister-in-law, Charlene Campbell. I used to ride my bike to Wayne's house all the time as a kid to sit & visit with him about his famous half-brother! Now I live just an hour & a half away from Glen Campbell, PA!

Phil Leslie
"In the beginning, the LORD made the SCOTS just a 'wee bit' better!"
Dee

Post by Dee »

Welcome back, Jay, and thanks so much for your introduction!
We would love to hear more about your passion for Ovation guitars. This is a topic that we haven't explored much on the GC forums, and it's an important one in that Glen was one of the first musicians to endorse Ovation and played Ovations throughout his career, beginning in when?, 1968 or 1969?
Looking forward to learning from your posts!

Dee

Post by Dee »

Welcome back, DFSunshine (Donna)! It's great to hear from you, and thanks so much for sharing that you have two Ovations and that you play guitar!
I also didn't know that you were a Johnny Bench fan!
hehe....no, you can't break anything here (or I would have broken it already!). :D

Thank you, Arlw, for sharing the forums' link with Donna! Now that we have passed about a week of testing (and received some great tips from our testers!), we are almost ready to contact the other forum members and readers about joining this board!

This is a special week to be back on the forums again, isn't it? I have been reading / watching the reviews of I'll Be Me that are posted under the All Things Glen/I'll Be Me topic. This film seems to be affecting even viewers who have not been long-time Glen fans like us.

Cowpoke

Post by Cowpoke »

Hi Donna, how nice to "see" you again on this forum. I never knew you were an Ovation fan too! We should have a Glen Campbell Forums Band running in no time! :D Anyway, thank you for joining the forum!

I'm a carefree, range ridin', driftin' cowpoke...
jay

Post by jay »

Hi, my name is Jay. I have been a Glen Campbell fan since 68. A lot of what Glen did on his show impacted my tastes in music, as well as having a (costly) fondness for Ovation guitars. I was briefly a part of the old forum and am looking forward to being a part of this forums lively celebration of Glen, his life and music.

DFSunshine

Post by DFSunshine »

Hi!! It's great to be back on a Glen forum!!! I am DFSunshine, otherwise known as Donna Clifton. I was a member of the old forum, it's gonna be interesting to scroll around. I have loved Glen for at least 45 years,I have 2 ovation guitars, need to get them out to play. I am not a computer whiz, so it will be slow going. Dee, I am so glad you posted that there was no way to break this system! I have gremlins that go from my computer, to my i-pad, and my ipods. I read one post about Johnny Bench. Oh, I fell in love with him too. I even got my book signed by him. Those were the good old days. Thanks to arlw for telling me about this forum. Gotta run for now, everybody take care!!

Dee

Post by Dee »

Welcome back, Mike, and thank you especially for sharing how Glen has inspired you over the years. Also, I hadn't realized you had attended all of Glen's concerts after 1977!
BTW, we look forward to your posting covers of Glen's songs here. ( :idea: Would you like to post your previously released covers of Glen Campbell songs on this board's forum, "Big Bad Rock Guitar"?)

Dee

Mike Joyce

Post by Mike Joyce »

Hi I'm Mike,
I have been a fan since 1977. I just missed Glen at the Royal Festival Hall. Too my lasting regret. Like other fans, Glen has been a great inspiration and a life changer for me. There is hardly a day I don't listen to Glen sing. It is because of Glen I took up the guitar and of late I have got back into writing songs and going back to the folk clubs to play and sing.
I have seen Glen every time he appeared in the UK after 1977, so It was with deep sadness, I attended the goodbye tour shows to see my hero for the final time. However I shall always enjoy the memories and the gift of music he gave to me.

Dee

Post by Dee »

Welcome back, Jim! Good to see you on this board again!

Dee