Welcome to Glen Campbell Forums
Glen's time in Lindrith New Mexico (1951-1952)

Thanks for the add.

Hear Glen Campbell welcome you! Introduce yourself to other fans or share a memory!
Dee

Re: Thanks for the add.

Post by Dee »

Oh, Mike!
Can you hear me laughing?
LOL!

Mike Joyce

Post by Mike Joyce »

I suspect some of us lived through the golden age of silent movies as well, or perhaps I was just hard of hearing. LOL.

Dayli

Post by Dayli »

Thanks Mike! I ehhhhh downloaded it from youtube and saved it to disk. I wish they would release it on DVD as I think the picture quality would be better.

Oh yes Dee, we certainly did live during the golden age! LOL

Dayli

Dee

Post by Dee »

Thanks for the YT link, Mike!
I don't think this 1974 made-for-television movie was ever officially released on DVD.
Maybe VHS?

P.S. Dayli and Mike: We lived during the Golden Age of Television, didn't we?

Mike Joyce

Post by Mike Joyce »

Hi Dayli,
I haven't seen it on DVD but you can watch the whole film on You tube in segments.
Please see the link below.

Dayli

Post by Dayli »

Little House on the Prairie was a good show! I enjoyed it as well! And my Mom was a great Columbo fan!

Getting back to Glen Campbell, have you seen the tv movie "strange homecoming" starring him and Robert Culp? I'd like to find that one on DVD but as yet haven't been able to locate it.

Dayli

Mike Joyce

Post by Mike Joyce »

Hi Dayli,
Yes, it ends that way as well on my version. I have a feeling that the credits were slightly different on the broadcast version on UK TV. As I recall, I saw the last 10 minutes on TV when I got home. I may be mis- remembering that though.
I agree with you on your point about modern TV as well. Funny enough, I watched all the episodes of Little House on the prairie including the last three full length films that were made. I am currently also watching Columbo again and recently ordered season 4 on DVD.I love trying to work out who the murderer is before Columbo. I don't always get it right though. :lol:
The DVD supplier you talk about was probably supplying bootleg versions of the film, so I doubt he wanted to get into conversations about quality, as I am sure that would have been a constant issue for him.
Good luck with Bonanza, there are 430 episodes of that show. I can't believe it started in 1959.

Dayli

Post by Dayli »

Oh gosh Mike, that was GREAT! THANK YOU!

And yes, I most certainly did and still do enjoy Michael Landon! We've been buying the complete seasons of Bonanza and watching them rather than some of the crap that's on TV today. Ahhhhhh yes the days prior to recorders! LOL Isn't it maddening when you set them and they don't record as you planned or else you have a power outage which throws the time off and you miss what you had set it for? Or a football game will run over.............! LOL

Speaking of Norwood...........! I bought the book and read it and was CRAZY to see the movie but never got the chance...... until recently! I found a place that sold it, ordered it, paid for it and when the shipping notice came the tracking was no good. I waited a couple days and when it still was not working, I emailed the company asking them to please ck the number for me. They replied quite blunt and rudely. I told them I didn't mean for them to react so defensively, that I was simply inquiring and they refunded my money, told me to take my business elsewhere and other nasties! I was TOTALLY blown away by their over the top reaction! I did in fact take my business elsewhere but LOVED the movie, esp his singing parts! So now I need to ask you, if your version ends with him singing on the Louisiana Hay Ride. That's where mine ends! The book doesn't quite match the movie.

Dayli

Mike Joyce

Post by Mike Joyce »

Hi Dayli,
I just remembered this video with Jonny Cash on which Glen plays a selection of guitars and a BANJO. enjoy.

Mike Joyce

Post by Mike Joyce »

Hi Dayli,
That made me laugh. It took me back to those good old days when there were no video recorders. In one respect we treasured the programmes we watched with our heroes on, as we didn't expect to be able to see them again in the future.
I used to run a video TV shop and this was when the first video recorders came out. I remember setting up the video to record Norwood as I was going to be out that evening. When I got back to the shop in the morning the machine hadn't recorded (don't know why). I cried for a week. I don't think it was ever shown again but some 30 years later I got hold of a copy of the film and have watched it several times. I think this is where Youtube is brilliant to be able to see these rare gems of Glen and other artists who don't get any air time on TV these days on a regular basis.
Dayli, I would of thought you would have enjoyed Bonaza, surely every young lady loved Michael Landon. LOL