Welcome to Glen Campbell Forums
Glen's time in Lindrith New Mexico (1951-1952)

I'll be me helping me grieve my daddy

Hear Glen Campbell welcome you! Introduce yourself to other fans or share a memory!
kcash.66

Re: I'll be me helping me grieve my daddy

Post by kcash.66 »

Good to know I'm not the only one! Perhaps I'd seen it misspelled somewhere and it caught on with me. I used to listen to Glen on my mom's old 45's... Another sad story, we lost her in a house fire and though her record/album collection was left in tact but soot covered, I never could get one to play again. Lots of great music lost!! I held onto them anyhow for years until I needed the space and decided to let them go. :/ Glen, Elvis, lots of great gospel...

Dee

Post by Dee »

No worries, k! "Glenn" has been used from time to time throughout his life and career!
We were just discussing this matter under ALL THINGS GLEN: http://www.glencampbellforums.com/viewt ... f=10&t=382" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; :)

kcash.66

Post by kcash.66 »

Wow. So so sorry I've been misspelling his name. I'm usually an excellent speller, I just somehow overlooked. :/

kcash.66

Post by kcash.66 »

Thank you Dee! I've been listening to Ghost on the Canvas all day. The first thing I did was read Glenn's words about it. I love his writing as much as his music! Then I read the words to the songs that I hadn't yet heard. Some were so simply put I wondered how he'd make them sound beautiful. He had no problem whatsoever doing that!! Crazy day I've had today. First stop was pregnancy confirmation for my daughter's 2nd baby! 2nd stop was funeral home to pick up death certificates. Then work... I got about 3 little things done. Then I went in search of 2 dvd copies of I'll be me and 2 copies of Ghost on the Canvas that I wanted to give to my 2 Aunts at the hospital tomorrow to help them thru this time. I accomplished 1dvd and 0 cd's as they are sold out everywhere in Atlanta. :( Best wishes for all of us to have the Happiest New Year we can possibly have.

Dee

Post by Dee »

Hi, kcash.66,

I am sorry to learn about your uncle and pray that he fully recovers from his illness. Hopefully, Glen Campbell's outstanding "swan song" album, Ghost On The Canvas, will give you some comfort tonight.

I love your and your daughter's wonderful project to create a tribute music video with songs and photos that captures your father's life. One day, your father's great granddaughter will watch this video, and it will help her to understand the beautiful arc of her family member's life.

Ghost On The Canvas is perhaps much like your video because this album is one about Glen Campbell's life in lyrics and music. One reviewer (Steve Hochman) described it as a "song cycle" of Glen's 75 years--75 at the time the album was released. We look forward to your sharing your thoughts about Ghost On The Canvas, if you would like to.

Wishing you a blessed New Year,

Dee

kcash.66

Post by kcash.66 »

My uncle (dad's brother) is now in ICU with 4 infections caused by prostate biopsies. Biggest fight is keeping his blood pressure up. Earlier it was 69/33. I just got home from visiting him in hospital and received CD that i just ordered on amazon...Ghost On The Canvas. I'll be listening tonight and doing some more praying.

kcash.66

Post by kcash.66 »

You're right about Better Place being a wonderful funeral song. My daughter and I created a 21 minute tribute video and it was difficult to choose what songs went where. (I heard appropriate videos have 20-30 pictures... We couldn't get below 95). We had topics from youth, marriage, family, cars/hobbies, my dad alone or with cats on him (to zippity do da because he sang that to every child he's ever been around), then You are My Sunshine with him and his 15 mo. great granddaughter. I didn't want to duplicate songs from the video in the service. I'm sure it will be used to comfort many people in future funeral services though.

kcash.66

Post by kcash.66 »

Definitely Rhinestone Cowboy, Southern Nights, and Wichita Lineman being played in my house. That was my mama's love of Glenn that I very quickly adopted. That music also reminds me of traveling to car shows with my mama and daddy, aunts, uncles, cousins, friends, etc. Very good times that I hadn't thought of in many years before "I'll be me" brought them all back very overwhelmingly... Cried like a baby!

Cowpoke

Post by Cowpoke »

I never realized it before but A Better Place is a wonderful choice for a song to play at a funeral.

I am curious, what are your earliest memories of Glen? Was it Glen performing Rhinestone Cowboy perhaps?

I'm a carefree, range ridin', driftin' cowpoke...
kcash.66

Post by kcash.66 »

Thank you! It's very nice to be here.