Welcome to Glen Campbell Forums
Glen's time in Lindrith New Mexico (1951-1952)

Hello Everyone

Hear Glen Campbell welcome you! Introduce yourself to other fans or share a memory!
Jagman

Re: Hello Everyone

Post by Jagman »

Hi Mike,

Thanks for your comments, I didn't meet him afterwards, I was very close to the stage and absolutely loved the show, his daughter sang with him on a few songs.

I am so glad I saw him when I could.
Steve

Mike Joyce

Re: Hello Everyone

Post by Mike Joyce »

Hi Jagman,
Its great to have you come aboard. Glen always appreciated his UK fans and found them very responsive and attentive on his UK tours. I guess that's why he came so often over the years. I live in Birmingham UK myself and have been a big fan since 1977. I was also inspired to learn the guitar because of Glen and play at local clubs each month singing some of my favourite Glen songs as well as my own.
We look forward to hearing from you soon and hearing your views and comments. Did you have the chance to meet Glen after a show?
Best wishes,
Mike

Jagman

Hello Everyone

Post by Jagman »

Hi, I have just joined the forum today after listening to Glen for a few hours while working.

I live in the UK with my wife of 30 years, we where so lucky to see Glen in concert at the Sage in Newcastle a few years ago, I sat in the box seats right next to the stage and was in awe of a man who was part of my life almost, I listened to him from a young age and even now play Gentle On My Mind at least twice a week, that song inspired me to want to learn the guitar just so I could play that song over and over.

I hope Glen is happy and as contented as can be, and I wish I could shake his hand and say simply, "Thanks for being there when I needed you".

Looking forward to being a member, now I'm off to have a cup of tea!!

Steve.