Welcome to Glen Campbell Forums
Glen's time in Lindrith New Mexico (1951-1952)

Thank you Glen and Family

Hear Glen Campbell welcome you! Introduce yourself to other fans or share a memory!
Cowpoke

Re: Thank you Glen and Family

Post by Cowpoke »

Hi gpinkterton,

thanks for that information. It turns out it was in 2002. I found this article:

ARKANSAS Glen Campbell coming home
http://newsok.com/article/2797615" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'm afraid it was not recorded but maybe you can inform with Nashville Chamber of Commerce who has been organizing this annual Stand Up for America event since 1989.

http://www.nashvillear.com/index.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The amazing thing is, if you go to their website you'll see that THIS year, there will be another Campbell family concert.

Billstown is the band of Gerald (Glen's brother) and Steve (Gerald's son) Campbell (and two of his sons) ... who opened for Glen in 2002!

I'm a carefree, range ridin', driftin' cowpoke...
gpinkerton

Post by gpinkerton »

I will have to check on that. The concert was in Nashville AR and lots of people there . Glen was probably 66 or 67 at the time.

Cowpoke

Post by Cowpoke »

gpinkterton, what year was this 4th of July concert? Thanks!

gpinkerton

Post by gpinkerton »

If you find it somewhere , I know tons of people that would purchase it. Glen was singing to home folks and he really felt it that night.

Cowpoke

Post by Cowpoke »

Hi gpinkterton,
welcome to the Glen Campbell Forums! I remember reading about that 4th of July event. I don't think it was recorded but then again, maybe I'm wrong! I will try and look into it. Thanks for joining!

gpinkerton

Post by gpinkerton »

Attended many of Glens concerts all over. The one that I enjoyed most was when Glen came to Nashville AR which is near where he was raised in Delight AR . He did the 4th of July event there and man did he put on a show. I just wonder if someone recorded that , it was the best ever. By the way, I think he did for nothing, what a person , what a talent. Thanks Glen.

Mike Joyce

Post by Mike Joyce »

Hey CindyFromTexas,
Thank you so much for your heartfelt post. It is great to hear the effect Glen has had on so many people through the good times and in many ways a comfort in the sad times also. I hope that Glen's music and his example in life sustain you for years to come. We all hope that your operation goes smoothly, and although it is a worrying time for you, I am sure the heart operation is very routine for the doctors in this day and age. Still we wish you a very speedy recovery. It was very honest of you to admit your trials with drink but like Glen you seem to have beaten those demons once and for all.
CindyFromTexas, please let us know al is well after your procedure and that you are continuing to enjoy your love of Glen's music on youtube etc.
Best wishes,
Mike

CindyFromTexas

Thank you Glen and Family

Post by CindyFromTexas »

Thank you Glen Campbell, and your amazing family. I turned on YouTube tonight to watch Glen Frey videos but it picked up where I had left off last time, with Ralph Emery at the Ryman Theater and Waylon's tribute to Glen. So naturally, I had to watch Glen play "Gentle on My Mind" with the guitar rift again. I grew up with Glen's television show and watching "True Grit", his music is interwoven throughout the fabric of my life. As I watched these videos, I also saw clips of Glen's last live performances, the tributes at the Grammys and CMAs. And then I saw the last two original songs that Glen recorded, my Dear Lord, how powerful they are. Both of my parents lost their memories, Mama through strokes and Daddy with Dementia from losing too much oxygen, he lasted nine years that way; Daddy's Dementia was different from Alzheimer's but there were definite similarities. I am 52 years old now, Mama has been gone almost 23 years and Daddy a little over 7 years. The loving way Glen's children looked after him on the stage, the beauty of the love between him and his children and wife at the performances and in the video were lovely and gut wrenchingly beautiful. And oh so familiar. I am now facing open heart surgery, if it is safe enough to do, and if it isn't, who knows with an aneurysm left in my heart, and I am younger than Mama was when she passed away. All of these thoughts, similarities, some fear of the unknown, pass through my mind. Yet, I look at the dignity and grace with which Glen has faced Alzheimer's, the gift he gave the world by sharing his story, the gift his family gave by sharing it and him with the world. So thank you, I sincerely thank you, from the bottom of my heart. Glen Campbell's music has been and continues to be, interwoven through the fabric of my life. Oh, I am a recovering alcoholic also, with a little over six and a half years sobriety. We have a lot in common, I just don't have the talent! Thank you and May God Bless you all.