Welcome to Glen Campbell Forums
Glen's time in Lindrith New Mexico (1951-1952)

New Jersey 2002

Rock, Roll & Remember! Post your Glen Campbell photos and stories here!
admin
Site Admin

Re: New Jersey 2002

Post by admin »

Thanks for sharing your story Buckshot1957. In the early to mid 2000s Glen was still on the top of his game when he performed live. In fact, as that wonderful concert with the South Dakota Symphony proves, he was better than ever! Glad to got to see him back then. What did your boys think about the concert?

Buckshot1957

New Jersey 2002

Post by Buckshot1957 »

I am not sure of the exact date, but I think it was in the Fall of 2002. I took my Mom and 2 boys to see Glen at the Raritan Valley Community College in Branchburg, NJ. He gave us all the best performance ever! That was the first time I saw him play the bagpipes. and banjo.

One thing about that night that I distincly remember is, after one song with his daughter Debbie, he started to exit the stage to his right. His daughter said, "No Dad, you're supposed to come this way". (Meaning, stage left) Glen never missed a beat and said, "Sorry folks. I get mixed up sometimes which way to go. I play so many places". Was that a glimpse of the begining of his Alzheimer's? I don't know. Maybe. Maybe not. Regardless, it was an unforgetable night.........

After the show, Glen was very gracious talking to the fans and signing copies of his CD. I wish that I had stood in line to get his autograph and to say thank you to one of the greatest entertainers of our time.

Thank you Glen.........