Welcome to Glen Campbell Forums
Glen's time in Lindrith New Mexico (1951-1952)

Ar's Dream Comes True When She Meets Debby

Rock, Roll & Remember! Post your Glen Campbell photos and stories here!
Mike Joyce

Re: Ar's Dream Comes True When She Meets Debby

Post by Mike Joyce »

arlw, that is a wonderful story. That memory will live with you forever. I know how you feel as I had that feeling meeting Glen for the first time and last year meeting Jimmy Webb. How wonderful to be able to sit and chat for an hour.

Cowpoke

Re: Ar's Dream Comes True When She Meets Debby

Post by Cowpoke »

Wow, that is one amazing way to end the old year and begin a new one. Thanks Arlw for sharing this story. Debby was and is the greatest friend we fans of Glen ever had.
Love the pictures!

I'm a carefree, range ridin', driftin' cowpoke...
Dee

Ar's Dream Comes True When She Meets Debby

Post by Dee »

Forums member, Ar ("arlw"), asked me to post her (early) "birthday" event news and photos. Happy Early Birthday, Ar! I am glad that your dream came true for you, and thank you for all you do for Glen Campbell Forums!

# # #

Ar wrote:

"I have been a Glen Campbell collector for over 41 years and never met Debby Campbell. I bought her books-BOTH, as one is a different publisher in the UK and then there is a US one so I have both even though they are one of the same. I was honored that she used my name in her book! I never had the books signed but have been emailing Debby since my mother passed in 2007.

On December 30, 2015-my birthday gift came early! I was going to mail her something and she emailed me that she was going to be in the Dallas area for the Alabama Game for 4-5 days and then going home on New Year’s Day!!!! CLOUD NINE kicked in!! We were able to actually meet for the FIRST TIME! She wanted to come here to the house to see her Dad’s stuff and me, but something else got in the way so time wise, she couldn’t come, but asked if we would like to meet w/her at the Hotel. ARE YOU KIDDING?? We already knew one way or the other that this was going to take place.

Loaded the camera/took my 2 books and I was ready w/bells on. Just didn’t know what day or time! December 30th, we met her, Ben and I went to the Hotel for over an hour, and we all were just chatting about everything! It was a feeling of happiness, and something I will never forget, and it also felt like we knew one another for life! I gave her the stuff I was going to mail and she signed BOTH books! We took some pictures and so did she from her phone, but I didn’t see her photos but we emailed ours to her. Debby is the most easiest person to speak with. A very gracious and giving person, and a personality just like her Dad, (Our Hero and Idol)! It was a real honor for me after all these years to finally meet her and this is something I will never forget! It was a “Dream Come True” for me! Deb actually hugged me and thanked me for everything I have been doing and still doing. She is one amazing person, and I really admire her. I thanked her when we left and both of us were crying, but happy tears! I wanted to share this with you as it is Glen Campbell related!

In case some fans don’t know-Debby is 5 foot 10 inches tall and when she wears heels, she is way over 6 feet! I am 5 foot 5 inches and felt tiny next to her! Her sense of humor and warm heart is by far, “The Greatest Gift of All.”! Enjoy the pictures."

ar
Ar and Debby_3.jpg
Ar and Debby_3.jpg (181.14 KiB) Viewed 11975 times
Ar and Debby_2.jpg
Ar and Debby_2.jpg (138.24 KiB) Viewed 11975 times
Ar and Debby_1.jpg
Ar and Debby_1.jpg (137.49 KiB) Viewed 11975 times