Welcome to Glen Campbell Forums
Glen's time in Lindrith New Mexico (1951-1952)

Your Stories and Memories about Glen

Rock, Roll & Remember! Post your Glen Campbell photos and stories here!
Dee

Re: Your Stories and Memories about Glen

Post by Dee »

Welcome, goodtimemattie, and thank you for sharing your memories of the rockin' Glen and Jerry Reed concert as well as hearing Glen sing "True Grit" live. There are at least several fans on these forums who would have given anything to see Glen and Jerry perform.
I remember "Mattie" making a big impression on me, too, because strong female characters, particularly in western films, were not common in the late sixties. Mattie was an inspiring role model for us, wasn't she?
How beautiful to tie in Glen's "exit" with his being a man of True Grit. So very true! The song itself must have meant a lot to him because he included it in his set list on the Goodbye Tour.
Thank you again, goodtimemattie.
Dee

goodtimemattie

Post by goodtimemattie »

The only time I was able to see Glen in concert was MANY years ago in Birmingham Alabama with Jerry Reed. I was a teenager then, but I DO recall that I was VERY impressed with how Glen and Jerry rocked out on their guitar duets-

Most of all, I DO recall that Glen sang "True Grit" that night-and it brought tears to my eyes then as I recalled the movie and remembered how much I related to the Mattie Ross character and wanted to be her.

Now today, watching Glen's "exit", I can honestly say I have found "a man with True Grit".

Thanks for this forum.

People don't know they're looking at soul-Ghost on the Canvas
shelia6673

Post by shelia6673 »

Cowpoke I can and will be bending your ear with stories of Glen. I just love to talk about that man. Hope I want bore anyone. Usually my
post will be on the weekends as I work on a computer 8 hrs a day at my job and when I get home I just can't get back on a computer. These
eyes are not as young as they used to be.

Cowpoke

Post by Cowpoke »

Wow, Shelia, those are wonderful stories. So you actually talked to Jerry Reed on the phone? Awesome. And I can imagine that that kiss is something you will never forget either. Thanks for sharing these stories with us!

I'm a carefree, range ridin', driftin' cowpoke...
shelia6673

Post by shelia6673 »

I'll bend your ear with one more story before I close. Ellie and I had met at the Nashville airport, this would have been 1988 or 1989, Glen
was performing with the Nashville Sympany. We went to the concert early to find Bill to get backstage, this was his 2nd show on Saturday
night. Here comes Glen In the room where we were and we both got kisses on the mouth not just a peck on the cheek. I could have enjoyed it more if I had of known it was coming. But how many fans have gotten a kiss from Glen Campbell :D :D

shelia6673

Post by shelia6673 »

As I had posted under the Goodtime taping post about my Glen Pal Ellie she was in Vegas for one of Glen's shows always a front table
person and always went backstage. They were backstage after the first show and Ellie said all people celebrity and common people were
milling around and the phone starts ringing. Glen tells Ellie to ans it and see who it is. When she did guess who was on the other end?
Jerry Reed. He talked with her a minute before Glen took the phone. Imagine just being in his dressing room and ans a phone. could
have been anyone on the other end. I never really got to Glen's dressing room always stopped in another room.

admin
Site Admin

Your Stories and Memories about Glen

Post by admin »

Tell us your favourite Glen Campbell stories and memories.