Welcome to Glen Campbell Forums
Glen's time in Lindrith New Mexico (1951-1952)

Your Stories and Memories about Glen

Rock, Roll & Remember! Post your Glen Campbell photos and stories here!
Mike Joyce

Re: Your Stories and Memories about Glen

Post by Mike Joyce »

sailor41, You must treasure those memories of seeing Glen in his prime when he was a big star at his peak. I saw Glen for the first time in the 1980s and every time he came to the UK. He never did a bad show.

sailor41

Post by sailor41 »

The first time I saw Glen in concert was in 1971 . I was just going on active duty in the Navy and was stationed in San Diego.I got tickets through the Navy Special services for the concert in Los Angeles. I flew to LAX and got a cab to the concert at Griffith Park.The venue was awesome! Also on the bill were Jerry Reed and Anne Murray. It was a tremendous concert. When I got back from the service in 1973, my sister got me tickets to see him at The Arena Theater in Houston, Texas. I've always been a fan of his music and also how great a guitarist he was. He will be missed. :(

sailor41

Dee

Post by Dee »

A SUNDAY FUNNY

Hmmm....perhaps Glen Campbell's hair style influenced ... Kris Kringle's?
Kris Kringle starred in "Santa Claus Is Comin' to Town", a 1970 Christmas stop motion animated television special.
It was broadcast at the same time "The Glen Campbell Goodtime Hour" was showing on television sets world-wide (including the North Pole)!
What do you think? :)
Do you see a resemblance....jpg
Do you see a resemblance....jpg (46.49 KiB) Viewed 38875 times
LOL

laura4332

Post by laura4332 »

shelia6673 wrote:I'll bend your ear with one more story before I close. Ellie and I had met at the Nashville airport, this would have been 1988 or 1989, Glen
was performing with the Nashville Sympany. We went to the concert early to find Bill to get backstage, this was his 2nd show on Saturday
night. Here comes Glen In the room where we were and we both got kisses on the mouth not just a peck on the cheek. I could have enjoyed it more if I had of known it was coming. But how many fans have gotten a kiss from Glen Campbell :D :D
I Have never But I wish I had. He is a great man. I am sad to know he is going through such an ugly diseases. My prayers are with him always.

robduloc

Post by robduloc »

Thank you, Cowpoke, I'm on it!

That is I will put Point Blank on my list to buy and collect~

No dud's here*

"All killer, no filler"...

Cowpoke

Post by Cowpoke »

...which by a strange coincidence is also the name of a song that Glen's organ/harmonica player Steve Hardin wrote and sang on "Airplay", an album by hard rock band Point Blank in 1979... :)
Great job on scoring that red vinyl single Rob!

I'm a carefree, range ridin', driftin' cowpoke...
robduloc

Post by robduloc »

shine on*

robduloc

Post by robduloc »

To bring some color into my life, add some spice or because of all the years I felt that I could not afford color vinyl, I purchased the Japanese red color vinyl pressing of Bobby Gentry Glen Campbell All I Have To Do Is Dream 45 Single w/ picture sleeve on e-bay tonight for 20 dollars, a purchase that I will have to display and allow to catch the light!

Stay true to your roots~

Love,
Rob

robduloc

Post by robduloc »

I really do love the Everest and World Pacific folk labels, they are a first class operation, as e-bay attests, some of the best gems and memorabilia of the early to mid sixties. At an affordable price, the vinyl is very heavy and worth its' weight in gold, the wealth of talent and line up never to be reproduced again, a good record of the times when Hollywood was young beautiful and lean and the new jet set creeping in. Which leads us to...

The Big Bad Rock Guitar Of Glen Campbell LP is Glen Campbell's "Austin Powers" album... YEAH, BABY!

robduloc

Post by robduloc »

Thank you! My Ninja stealth warrior. I really wanted the Coming Home Japanese 45 Single picture sleeve import for a long time, as I have mentioned before I have the Japanese LP and now I will finally be able to lay the two side by side.

Glen sure is smiling in the picture on the front cover~ Big cigar* Yeah....