Welcome to Glen Campbell Forums
Glen's time in Lindrith New Mexico (1951-1952)

Glen Campbell's Mosrite Balladere I, Model 401

A look at the history behind many of the guitars Glen has used throughout his career.
jay

Re: Mosrite Balladere I, Model 401

Post by jay »

Travel Town museum is located at Griffith Park in LA. It is where the first two pictures in the first topic were taken. The engine was owned by the AT&SF. This engine is one of forty-five built by Baldwin in 1899 for the AT&SF. Originally #891, it was renumbered #664 in 1900. In 1910, it was loaned to the Pecos & Northern Texas Railway for a year but then returned to the AT&SF. It hauled freight on AT&SF's Northern, Southern, Panhandle, Plains and Gulf Divisions, and was still in active service when donated to the museum in 1953. #664 weighs 161,500 lbs. The 98,000 lb tender held 5,000 gallons of water and 9 tons of oil.
664.jpg
664.jpg (65.57 KiB) Viewed 11887 times

jay

Post by jay »

Nice find, Wayne...and thanks for sharing that.
Too bad no one ever had the conversation with Semie about his relationship with Glen back then. They HAD to have one. Glen didn't play Mosrites for that long of period of time and he had a slew of them...some with personalized necks.

Bluebird

Post by Bluebird »

I thought I had seen Glen with a 12-string version of his acoustic Mosrite. Her it is, GC initials and all.

jay

Post by jay »

On a Singapore edition of By The Time I Get To Phoenix
Singapore.JPG
Singapore.JPG (225.33 KiB) Viewed 10595 times

Cowpoke

Post by Cowpoke »

Thanks Wayne. I never saw that complete show before. As Glen already mentions on that Bob Hope special, a few days later he appeared on Bing Crosby's Hollywood Palace, playing this guitar.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXd6KxOMkmQ[/youtube]

I'm a carefree, range ridin', driftin' cowpoke...
jay

Post by jay »

Wayne...Great video...fun to watch! Totally agree. There's another guitar out there for you to sniff out. Makes you wonder who's closet (or attic) it's in.

Bluebird

Post by Bluebird »

The video of If You Go Away was from a Bob Hope Special that aired Dec 19, 1968. The show in it's entirity is on YouTube.

It's gotta be a different guitar.

Wayne

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DunJRXNQcpQ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Cowpoke

Post by Cowpoke »

My two cents: that date of January 1, 1968 could very well a default date. I mean, they probably know it's 1968 but the database requires a full date so they enter January 1. In other words, it could have also been made later in that same year.
Glen doing If You Go Away on that youtube video. I have no idea where that is from. Siblis, do you perhaps know it?
Glen did do If You Go Away on the Goodtime Hour twice: 26 February 1969 and 3 December 1969. But by then he would have used an Ovation right? Perhaps he also did it on the Summer Brothers Smothers Show, I don't know. Glen already recorded the song in April of 1968. Something tells me the video is not from one of his own shows...

I'm a carefree, range ridin', driftin' cowpoke...
Bluebird

Post by Bluebird »

Pretty much has to be another one, then... and the search continues!

Wayne

jay

Post by jay »

It's a good thought, but the picture of Glen sitting on the tracks, if correct by Getty, is Jan 1, which would precede the summer show.
That song was on the WL album, which shows to have been released in November.
Im stumped