Glen Campbell's Mosrite Celebrity I

This forum is intended to provide a topic for each individual guitar Glen has played. Help build this forum with pictures and stories about all Glen's guitars.

Re: Glen Campbell's Mosrite Celebrity I

Postby jay » Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:34 am

Good eye Dee!
With the headstock and the body width...I would say that you nailed it!
jay

Re: Glen Campbell's Mosrite Celebrity I

Postby Dee » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:49 am

Same guitar, the Mosrite Celebrity I?
Jay, I believe the photo you posted was of Glen rehearsing for San Antonio's Hemis Fair theater apparently on or around August 1, 1968. The photographer was Ralph Crane.
Hemis Fair (aka HemisFair '68) was the official 1968 World's Fair (or International Exposition) held in San Antonio, Texas, from April 6 through October 6, 1968.

Crane also took this photo (below) of Glen's performance at HemisFair in August 1968.

Source: http://images.google.com/hosted/life/f9 ... bb6de.html -- for non-professional use.

Various archival sites (e.g., a university in San Antonio, city newspapers) have photos from this landmark fair but are not accessible, at least not that I can find yet.
Potential source: http://www.lib.utexas.edu/taro/utsa/003 ... 00346.html
Perhaps in one of these archives, a better photo of Glen with this guitar--facing the photographer--can be found.

Glen Campbell Hemis Fair.jpg
Glen Campbell Hemis Fair.jpg (89.27 KiB) Viewed 424 times
New to Glen Campbell Forums? When you reach the bottom of this page, click on the next page number ------>
Dee
Site Admin

Glen Campbell's Mosrite Celebrity I

Postby jay » Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:36 pm

The black and white 1968 photograph, of Glen with his guitars by his pool, is a testament of how much Glen appreciated the stable of guitars that he owned at that time. A good portion of these guitars were Mosrite's.

In this picture, the fourth guitar from the end (r) is a Mosrite Celebrity I.

In 1964 Semie Mosley (original creator and owner of Mosrite) decided Mosrite should offer a hollow body electric. He took a Framus body and created the Celebrity model. Soon after, he wanted a thicker bout version and created the Celebrity I (one). The Celebrity Glen had was probably produced around 1968. Glen's Californian was basically a Celebrity with a resonator.

Although there may be others...I have only come across one picture of Glen using his Celebrity.

celebrity.jpg
Glen Campbell with his Mosrite Celebrity 3
celebrity.jpg (49.29 KiB) Viewed 452 times
jay

Return to * INDIVIDUAL GUITARS GLEN HAS PLAYED *