Welcome to Glen Campbell Forums
Glen's time in Lindrith New Mexico (1951-1952)

Awards and Honors for Raising Alz's Awareness

Building on Glen and his family’s vision for awareness of Alzheimer's disease and caregivers' support
Dee

Re: Awards and Honors for Raising Alz's Awareness

Post by Dee »

Photo Flash: Julianne Moore, David Hyde Pierce, Jonathan Groff and More at 2015 FORGET-ME-NOT Gala
Broadway World.com
June 15, 2015

June 8, 2015: Alzheimer's Association, New York City Chapter, annual "Forget-Me-Not" Gala, An Evening to End Alzheimer's at The Pierre in Manhattan
The Chapter, which marks its 30th year of providing services to New York City's Alzheimer's community, raised $1.75 million at the event. Almost 600 members of New York City's philanthropic, business, health care and Alzheimer's communities attended the gala emceed by award-winning actor Jonathan Groff, who lost his grandmother to Alzheimer's disease.

Kim Campbell, wife of Country Music Hall of Fame singer-songwriter Glen Campbell, received the (New York City) Chapter's 2015 Caregiver Leadership Award for heightening awareness about the challenges of caregiving. Their story is captured in the extraordinary documentary "Glen Campbell: I'll Be Me."

Lou-Ellen Barkan, President and CEO of the Alzheimer's Association, New York City Chapter, said, "Tonight we are joined by many stars of the screen, stage and even the football field. I would like to thank them for shining a spotlight on this devastating disease. ... As an Alzheimer's caregiver - on and off the screen - Kim has raised awareness about the demands of this important role.
See: http://www.broadwayworld.com/article/Ph ... a-20150615#" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Scroll down for photos on this webpage.

# # #

Dee

Post by Dee »

Alzheimer’s Association Fundraiser Fills Richards with Purple and a Sense of Hope
Celebrating Hope 2015
By GREENWICHFREEPRESS
May 2, 2015

http://greenwichfreepress.com/around-to ... ope-37980/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

# # #

Dee

Post by Dee »

More information about Celebrating Hope 2015:

Kim Campbell and James Keach Headline Celebrating Hope 2015
Alzheimer’s Association, Connecticut Chapter Benefit Set for May 1 at Richards of Greenwich
Celebrating Hope 2015_GCF_b.jpg
Celebrating Hope 2015_GCF_b.jpg (16.52 KiB) Viewed 12770 times
Kim Campbell and Director James Keach will share their personal insights at the upcoming benefit, Celebrating Hope. Celebrating Hope 2015 will honor Glen Campbell and his efforts to raise awareness surrounding Alzheimer’s disease. An excerpt from this event's press release:
“When we did the film, Glen was in stages 2 – 4 (the disease has seven stages). He knew what was happening to him and he wanted to let people know what Alzheimer’s is really like,” Kim Campbell said. “He was passionate about making this film because he hoped it would be a catalyst for more funding for research to find a cure,” she continued. “He wanted to encourage other families who are dealing with this disease to keep living their lives, supporting each other and lifting each other up.”

During the filming of Glen Campbell...I’ll Be Me, the Campbell family offered complete access to Director James Keach as he and his team shot over 1,300 hours of footage. “Together with the Campbells, my hope was that we could change the way the Alzheimer’s story was depicted in the media, and in the world,” said Keach.

The film was released on October 24, 2014 and in February CNN announced that it had acquired the domestic broadcast rights to Glen Campbell...I’ll Be Me. The cable channel will premiere the documentary in June 2015 to coincide with Alzheimer’s and Brain Awareness Month and will air it again in November in honor of National Caregiver Month. "We look forward to having the Campbells’ brave story — unfortunately familiar to too many American families — on CNN," said film producer Trevor Albert. "This partnership will guarantee that millions of people will have the opportunity to see our movie and understand just how important it is to both raise awareness — and find an end — to Alzheimer’s disease."
To read the complete Alzheimer's Association's four-page press release for this event, visit http://act.alz.org/site/DocServer/Celeb ... ocID=44901" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.
Event announcement posted at http://act.alz.org/site/PageNavigator/c ... tingHopeCT" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.
(Check back for photos posted on this site.)

# # #

Dee

Awards and Honors for Raising Alz's Awareness

Post by Dee »

Celebrating Hope 2015 will honor Glen Campbell and his efforts to raise awareness surrounding Alzheimer’s disease.
During the filming of Glen Campbell…I’ll Be Me, the Campbell family offered complete access to Director James Keach as he and his team shot over 1,300 hours of footage. “Together with the Campbells, my hope was that we could change the way the Alzheimer’s story was depicted in the media, and in the world,” said (James) Keach. “Glen was willing to risk everything in order to make a difference in this last musical chapter of his life.
See: http://greenwichfreepress.com/news/busi ... rds-36863/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

# # #