Welcome to Glen Campbell Forums
Glen's time in Lindrith New Mexico (1951-1952)

Elementary School Music Teacher checkin' in.

Building on Glen and his family’s vision for awareness of Alzheimer's disease and caregivers' support
jtnichol@yahoo.com

Re: Elementary School Music Teacher checkin' in.

Post by jtnichol@yahoo.com »

Cowpoke wrote:Hi Jeremiah,
thanks for your message. What a wonderful idea, to perform Rhinestone Cowboy AND teach the children something about Alzheimer's disease at the same time. I bet Glen would have loved the idea as well. Concerning autographs, that is going to be difficult because I suspect that Glen is not able to give autographs anymore. But perhaps some of the other fans here have an idea to help you out. Thanks for this wonderful initiative!

I really appreciate your response. It's a great song. Thanks for chiming in. Hopefully someone will see this.

Cowpoke

Re: Elementary School Music Teacher checkin' in.

Post by Cowpoke »

Hi Jeremiah,
thanks for your message. What a wonderful idea, to perform Rhinestone Cowboy AND teach the children something about Alzheimer's disease at the same time. I bet Glen would have loved the idea as well. Concerning autographs, that is going to be difficult because I suspect that Glen is not able to give autographs anymore. But perhaps some of the other fans here have an idea to help you out. Thanks for this wonderful initiative!

I'm a carefree, range ridin', driftin' cowpoke...
jtnichol@yahoo.com

Elementary School Music Teacher checkin' in.

Post by jtnichol@yahoo.com »

Hey there!

My name is Jeremiah Nichol and I'm the elementary school music teacher at Pleasant Ridge Elementary School just outside Kansas City.

We're doing Rhinestone Cowboy on our next concert in April and I've been teaching the students about Alzheimer's disease as well. Many students recognize the facts about this debilitating disease and really have grown to appreciate what Glen and his family are going through. I don't know if there are any autographs out there from Glen we could send to the school. "To the Students of Pleasant Ridge" would be nice. I'll present it and a short statement about Alzheimers and Glen Campbell on our concert in April. I know this is short notice.

Funny part of this is a Kindergartner about 4 years ago approached me to have this song on a concert sometime..Well now little John is a big ole 4th grader and he's getting his wish.

These kids are great where I am and a memento to hang in the school office would be something treasured for years to come.
Here's a sample of them on stage: https://youtu.be/hQL-P4-4sM0?t=1353" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks Fans for any help you may be able to give.

Warmest regards,

Jeremiah Nichol
Music Teacher
20753 Easton Rd, Easton, KS 66020

913.909.SixSevenNineSix