Welcome to Glen Campbell Forums
Glen's time in Lindrith New Mexico (1951-1952)

Jimmy Webb Talks About His Tribute Concert and Glen

Building on Glen and his family’s vision for awareness of Alzheimer's disease and caregivers' support
Dee

Jimmy Webb Talks About His Tribute Concert and Glen

Post by Dee »

So Much Love: Jimmy Webb Tribute Concert in Honor of Glen Campbell
alz.org/blog
May 1, 2017

Jimmy Webb discusses his May 3rd tribute to Glen Campbell, a fundraising concert to benefit Alzheimer's organizations. He also shares his deep grief over how Alzheimer's disease has affected Glen.
As much as Glen and his family fought back, I personally feel a huge sense of loss. Alzheimer’s has inflicted a tragic loss of talent and energy and potential. The disease hit Glen at a point when he knew more than he would ever know and when he still had so much to contribute within the music community. Alzheimer’s snuck in the back door and took the records Glen would’ve made and all he still had to share with his family, friends and his audiences. To me, that was a personal tragedy that is still very difficult for me to deal with. - Jimmy Webb
If we work hard enough and raise enough money, we can turn this thing around. We can end this disease for good. For love, for music – and for those we consider family. - JW
:arrow: http://blog.alz.org/so-much-love-jimmy- ... -campbell/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

# # #