Welcome to Glen Campbell Forums
Glen's time in Lindrith New Mexico (1951-1952)

I'll Be Me - The Documentary

REMEMBERING GLEN CAMPBELL - GLEN CAMPBELL WITH CARS - GLEN CAMPBELL MUSEUM
siblis

Re: I'll Be Me

Post by siblis »

Dee.....TBP was one of the only new C & W Bands that I kind of liked the moment they first busted out on the scene, so I do like their own work, but when covering a Glen Campbell song it can get tricky for me if I like it or not, because Glen had such a GREAT voice & covered his songs JUSR RIGHT........TBP added their own touch to the song which has grwon on me over the last few weeks & oh, by the way the lead singer is CUTE!!!!!

Dee

Post by Dee »

@Siblis--you are welcome. This is the first interview that I've heard/read/seen with James Keach that really gets into the nitty gritty of the making of the film.
I really liked TBP's performance, too. Was it the upbeat tempo that you liked? or ?
It surprised me when I saw negative reviews about their performance posted on social media.
Here's new information that you may like: The Band Perry's "Gentle On My Mind" is heard during the ending credits of I'll Be Me.
Dee

Dee

Post by Dee »

Hi, Gary, welcome to the Glen Campbell Forums. We appreciate your posting about "I'll Be Me". You are one of the first fans here to have seen the documentary and to have shared your feelings about watching this powerful film.
I can tell it impacted you--and now you are passing forward what Glen wanted to express through the making of his film. Thank you so much for adding to the spirit of sharing on these forums that honor Glen Campbell.
We greatly appreciate your photo, too--what a nice surprise!--and it was taken in front of the awesome "I'll Be Me" marquee light box poster! Now that's a memory to treasure!
Dee

siblis

Post by siblis »

Dee....Thanks for that great Link! As far as my opinion on The Band Perry's version of "Gentle on my Mind", when I first heard it I had mixed emotions on it, but when they perform it live they seem to take it into another dimension & I really, really like it now.

Dee

Post by Dee »

*******************Glen Campbell: I'll be Me - Director James Keach Interview*************************

A sixteen minute audio interview with director James Keach about the making of I'll Be Me.

Mr. Keach talks about:

the structure of the film

how the documentary mixes all kinds of video formats such as old 16mm footage found in a box

the music (with Howard Willing's mixing and Julian Raymond's supervising) that was created for the doc to ensure that the music sounded like Glen would want it to be heard

the behind-the-scenes camera and sound work

audience reactions to the doc

what it was like for him to work with a musical genius

plans to release the FULL Goodbye Tour concert filmed at the Ryman Auditorium in Nashville!

and more insider information regarding the making of I'll Be Me.

Go to: http://soundworkscollection.com/news/gl ... -interview" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

siblis

Post by siblis »

Producer, Trevor Albert, of Glen Campbell’s documentary Glen Campbell: I’ll Be Me was in attendance to accept the Lifetime Achievement Award on behalf of Glen Campbell and his family. Albert describes Campbell’s documentary as one of love, resilience, and the power of song. He also adds that Glen Campbell’s journey is “one of the most heroic musical adventures anyone has ever heard about.”

http://www.mi2n.com/press.php3?press_nb=179080" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Gary

Post by Gary »

I’ll Be Me is a very moving film. Larry Gatlin, reflecting on Glen’s Ryman Auditorium concert, said something to the effect of and allow me to paraphrase; “I cried, I laughed, I learned. He’s still Glen Campbell.” That sums up how I felt watching this film. Make memories and treasure them...there’s no guarantee that we get to keep them.
At the Mariemont Theatre in Mariemont, Ohio.
At the Mariemont Theatre in Mariemont, Ohio.
1111141557a 3.jpg (69.38 KiB) Viewed 4927 times

siblis

Post by siblis »

"Some 45 minutes into the exceptional new documentary I'll Be Me, U2 guitarist The Edge offers an opinion on the movie's subject, Glen Campbell. In 2011-2012, Campbell, despite being diagnosed with Alzheimer's Disease, had been touring, performing to packed houses of loyal fans across the country. His performances were quite impressive, and The Edge noted that when he accessed the well-developed part of his brain that housed his musical ability, Campbell's functioning seemed to improve across the board. Now, to the best of my knowledge, The Edge is not a medical professional. But about a half later, one of the actual brain experts interviewed in the movie says essentially the same thing. There is a magic going on here in the mystery we call the brain. The disease may ravage, but music, at least temporarily, has the ability to heal."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jon-eig/i ... ertainment" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

siblis

Post by siblis »

I'LL BE ME- DOCUMENTARY FILM STARING GLEN CAMPBELL
Date(s): 11/11/2014
7:30 pm- 9:30 pm
Star Gazer Theatre Colorado Springs
Doors - 6:30 PM Show - 7:30 PM Tickets $10.00 plus ticketing fees

http://www.kktv.com/templates/respSubCo ... =281319421" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Dee

Post by Dee »

‘Glen Campbell — I’ll Be Me': Terrific, inspiring documentary

http://www.berkeleyside.com/2014/11/11/ ... hile-film/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Not written by someone who has followed Glen's career, but still a very worthy review:

"You’ll probably find your own eyes getting a little moist during this inspiring, deeply sad, but incredibly worthwhile film."