Welcome to Glen Campbell Forums
Glen's time in Lindrith New Mexico (1951-1952)

Glen Campbell: A Fan Club Photo

Off-topic discussions (for registered members only)
Dee

Re: Glen Campbell: A Fan Club Photo

Post by Dee »

Hi, all,

Since we were just talking about Glen's fan club....

I found this vintage fan club letter from Glen's former secretary, Paula Richards, this evening and thought I'd post it here for now. Later, I'll post it in the Resources forum when we start uploading fan club newsletters. (If you have any copies of Glen's fan club newsletters that you can scan and send to us as .jpg or .pdf files to post and share with all fans, please shoot us an email at Admin@GlenCampbellForums.com. Thanks!)

The date of this fan club letter is unknown; it might be from around 1970. Club membership was only $3.00!

A couple of sentences in Paula's letter really struck me because of the parallels that I see between The Glen Campbell Fan Club and the Glen Campbell Forums here at http://www.GlenCampbellForums.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;:

Paula wrote: (Glen) "...feels the club is his best 'link' to all of you . . . all the people he would like to thank personally."

and

"We are a very close-knit club, all working for Glen, and we would love to have you with us."

The Admin team here also believes that, just like the old fan club, the Glen Campbell Forums are the best link on the Internet to Glen Campbell, his career/life/music/living legacy. We literally have that best "link" -- a URL -- that links Glen's fans to this one site, which is like one big ol' fan newsletter. Of course, thanks to the age of the Internet, our forums are interactive and much, much more current than Paula could have managed by mail years ago.

We also believe that we are a close-knit group, and we (admins, members, readers, and Surfdog) are all working for Glen, and, if you aren't a member yet, we'd love to have you with us.

Good things and good people haven't changed after 45+ years!

Dee

siblis

Post by siblis »

Dee....I hope you find it, that would be kind of rare to have.

Dee

Post by Dee »

Yes, GC is worth it...especially Wichita Lineman stationery! :)
Confession: I haven't been able to find that fan club guitar pick -- yet. It must still be packed away, it's like a needle in a haystack here at home. I am determined to find it!

True Grit: it's definitely a Christmas standard! :)

Dee

siblis

Post by siblis »

Dee.....Glen is worth it, isn't he......True Grit was on earlier Tonight!!!!

Dee

Post by Dee »

Whoa! $100? You are too kind!

siblis

Post by siblis »

Do you mean auction them off? ............................yes
No....no action here. I'm sorry! I have very little Glen memorabilia from the early days, so these items are precious to me.
Just curious: how much would you pay for Wichita Lineman stationery? ...................For you, $100.00 for the Lot ;)

Dee

Post by Dee »

Do you mean auction them off?
No....no action here. I'm sorry! I have very little Glen memorabilia from the early days, so these items are precious to me.
Just curious: how much would you pay for Wichita Lineman stationery? ;)

siblis

Post by siblis »

I did purchase a guitar pick and Wichita Lineman stationery which I still have in its sealed package..............Hey Dee, you want to Action these off or sell them???

siblis

Post by siblis »

I have a bunch of fan club newsletters that I received from Glen's fan club back in the early & mid 90's when Glen was playing over in Branson. I don't have a scanner at the moment so I don't know how I would be able to get those up on the site.

Dee

Re: Glen Campbell: Fan Club

Post by Dee »

Below are three more fan club photos. I will eventually move these photos to the Resources/Archives forum with the fan newsletters that we collect and post.
For those of you who don't know the back story, there is an old American town named Glen Campbell located in the state of Pennsylvania. It had been founded / named in the late 1800's (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glen_Campb ... nnsylvania" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;). Glen and his then-wife Billie visited this town in 1971 as a publicity thing, posed for a photo shoot there, met the townspeople, and enjoyed some home cooking! TV Guide might have sponsored this event; does anyone have more details about it? It looks like a fun shoot!

[Click on each image one time to enlarge the image window.]
Glen Campbell Fan Club_GC with Glen Campbell, PA Signage_GCF.jpg
Glen Campbell Fan Club_GC with Glen Campbell, PA Signage_GCF.jpg (138.15 KiB) Viewed 5146 times
Glen's Fan Club_GC and Billie in Glen Campbell, PA_GCF.jpg
Glen's Fan Club_GC and Billie in Glen Campbell, PA_GCF.jpg (133.72 KiB) Viewed 5146 times
Glen Campbell Fan Club_GC_Chief_Glen Campbell, PA_GCF.jpg
Glen Campbell Fan Club_GC_Chief_Glen Campbell, PA_GCF.jpg (123.31 KiB) Viewed 5146 times