Welcome to Glen Campbell Forums
Glen's time in Lindrith New Mexico (1951-1952)

Announcing Glen Campbell's Newest DVD/CD Releases

REMEMBERING GLEN CAMPBELL - GLEN CAMPBELL WITH CARS - GLEN CAMPBELL MUSEUM
jamesy

Re: New DVD / CD Releases

Post by jamesy »

Hello all can anyone please throw any light on whether the I'll be me DVD has been released as anything other than a Region 1 DVD ? Although I'm a Brit, I'm in Florida for a week and anxious to try and get an R2 to take home with me 3/12
Many thanks
Mike

arlw

Post by arlw »

This pre order CD HAS CHANGED date wise. They now have it listed for January 22, 2016! This is the LOVE SONGS CD. New releases are expected to most likely their release dates for one reason or another. Saw this change on Amazon . com tonight. Just keeping you all posted and up to date.

Happy Thanksgiving to you all.

ar

Dee

Post by Dee »

arlw passed along the following information on a new CD. Thanks arlw!

This one below is a pre-order and due out on Dec. 4th! Here are the tracks-they finally listed them—weird if you ask me for love songs but will most likely get this one too!!
Love Songs_GC_2015-gcf.jpg
Love Songs_GC_2015-gcf.jpg (16.48 KiB) Viewed 5909 times
Track Listings

Disc: 1

1. Gentle On My Mind
2. Wichita Lineman
3. Southern Nights
4. By The Time I Get To Phoenix
5. Galveston
6. Honey Come Back
7. All I Have To Do Is Dream with Bobbie Gentry
8. Everything A Man Could Ever Need
9. Let It Be Me with Bobbie Gentry
10. My Prayer
11. Its Only Make Believe
12. The Last Time I Saw Her
13. Dreams Of The Everyday Housewife
14. Both Sides Now
15. Elusive Butterfly
16. Hey Little One
17. Try A Little Kindness

Product Details
· Audio CD (December 4, 2015)
· Number of Discs: 1
· Label: Rockbeat Records

arlw

Post by arlw »

Take a look at the latest release from amazon!

http://www.amazon.com/Love-Songs-Glen-C ... 1249114011" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Tracks are not listed yet but anxious to find out what's on here--this is a Pre-Order:: link is above!! Happy Halloween! Audio CD (December 4, 2015) BOO!!!! :roll:
Label: Rockbeat Records

Dee

Post by Dee »

Well, Cowpoke, these "good reviews" were not written by audiophiles (someone such as Steve Hoffman) who would focus on the quality of the remastering.
It is nice that the reviewer/blogger are focusing on the songs and Glen's delivery even if the one author didn't know where the concert actually took place.
It must have been a super concert to hear in person.

Cowpoke

Post by Cowpoke »

Mmm, sounds like it's the same audio quality as before, taken from the video source. :(
Still, the release is getting good reviews...
This live Glen Campbell album, from a show the man did in London in 1990, is a reminder of just how great the singer/guitarist is. It's sad we won't get the chance to see Campbell perform live again because he's such a personable performer.
http://therowdy.com/review/glen-campbel ... nce-series" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

PS: the show of course was not done in the Dome in London, but in the Dome in Doncaster.

I'm a carefree, range ridin', driftin' cowpoke...
Dee

Post by Dee »

Dee wrote:
Glen Campbell title kicks off Rainman Records' 'British Live Performance Series'

Rainman Records has launched a new series called the "British Live Performance Series" and the first title to be released features a 1990 live Glen Campbell concert recorded at the Dome in Doncaster, England with the Jeff Dayton Band.

This concert has been previously released under different names (e.g., January 21, 2014: Glen Campbell Love & Live and February 2015: Glen Campbell Access All Areas [with PAL formatted DVD]). It includes new liner notes written by music biographer Michael Heatley and describes Glen's career with mentions of his early work with the Champs and the Gee Cees.
Cowpoke, I received and listened to the "Glen Campbell British Live Series" CD today. Regarding whether it was remastered: The back cover of the CD states: "This is the beginning of a series of releases from Rainman's new "British Live Performance Series" that features major artists ... in legendary concerts that have never been released in the US and have been re-mastered for optimum quality."

For me, and this is just my opinion, the overall music audio is too bright, too loud, the audio of Glen's singing voice is too prominent, the sound of Glen's guitar playing is unnaturally high or too distant at times, on Highwayman the guitar sound fades oddly at the end of the song, and the CD seemed to be lacking low frequencies or deep bass or something. Also, shouldn't one be able to hear differences between the left-speaker audio and the right-speaker audio? I couldn't hear any difference. Finally, the tracks' audio is unbalanced as well; I found myself turning the volume up and down as needed when playing the CD (for example, for Mull of Kintyre I had to turn up the volume to hear Glen's singing voice, turn down the volume for the bagpipes).

On the "bright side", when Glen talks, the audio is great--sounds like Glen is right in the room with me. ;) Worth the price of the CD, especially because Glen tells some of his well-known jokes at this concert as well as his True Grit/John Wayne/Academy Award story!

The biography written by Heatley is overall excellent IMO. Well-researched. (The only issue--glaring--I have with the bio is that "Turn Around Look At Me" is attributed to songwriter Jerry Capehart.)

The last paragraph of the bio reads:
Glen Campbell's career may be over, but he has left his mark on six different decades of popular music. This performance (on the CD) shows the label 'all-round entertainer' barely does justice to his abilities. As fellow music legend Merle Haggard once said: '6-string, 12-string, bass, banjo, bagpipes... If God ever gave one man too much talent, it was Glen Campbell.'
If I remember correctly, Randy had first shared this quote with us here on Glen Campbell Forums. :)

An odd thing about this CD: when I was playing it using Windows Media Player, the album art that was displayed was not for this "Glen Campbell British Live Performance Series" CD. The album art was the front cover of "Access All Areas", "2014", a CD of the same concert that had been previously released in the U.K., I think. I double-checked my computer to make sure that it was playing the CD on the D drive, and the source was the D drive. What could this mean? Also, the track list as displayed in Windows Media Player showed:
Track 8 -- "Oh Good Night" instead of "On A Good Night"
Track 15 -- "Track 15" /"unknown artist" instead of "Gentle On My Mind"/"Glen Campbell".

Dee

Cowpoke

Post by Cowpoke »

I wonder if that live set (British Live Performance Series) is remastered. The recording that I have of it, seems to have been taken directly off the original video and does have a few moments where the audio is a bit shaky. Here's a nice new review of this CD:

http://www.elmoremagazine.com/2015/09/r ... n-campbell" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'm a carefree, range ridin', driftin' cowpoke...
arlw

Post by arlw »

Still a great CD. Mine is due to show up later. Also , I ordered that 4 CD set of the Wrecking Crew and that is also coming later in the mail. Nice to have these items.

Ar

Dee

Post by Dee »

Glen Campbell title kicks off Rainman Records' 'British Live Performance Series'
(A summary of information posted below)
Glen Campbell_Rainman Records.jpg
Glen Campbell_Rainman Records.jpg (12.34 KiB) Viewed 6460 times
Rainman Records has launched a new series called the "British Live Performance Series" and the first title to be released features a 1990 live Glen Campbell concert recorded at the Dome in Doncaster, England with the Jeff Dayton Band.

This concert has been previously released under different names (e.g., January 21, 2014: Glen Campbell Love & Live and February 2015: Glen Campbell Access All Areas [with PAL formatted DVD]). It includes new liner notes written by music biographer Michael Heatley and describes Glen's career with mentions of his early work with the Champs and the Gee Cees.

Tracks:
Rhinestone Cowboy
Galveston
By the Time I Get to Phoenix
Try a Little Kindness
Wichita Lineman
She's Gone Gone Gone
Walkin' in the Sun
On a Good Night
True Grit
The Hand that Rocks the Cradle
I Remember You
Highwayman
Streets of London
Mull of Kintyre
Gentle On My Mind

Listen to three of the album's tracks here: https://soundcloud.com/rainman-records/ ... tions-from" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

For more information about this release, visit: http://www.axs.com/news/glen-campbell-t ... ance-65284" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;