Welcome to Glen Campbell Forums
Glen's time in Lindrith New Mexico (1951-1952)

Glen Campbell's Children's Music Careers

REMEMBERING GLEN CAMPBELL - GLEN CAMPBELL WITH CARS - GLEN CAMPBELL MUSEUM
Dee

Re: Glen Campbell's Sons and Daughters' Musical Projects

Post by Dee »

Talk about haunting, I watched this one again today for the nth time...Dillon Campbell's music video for "The Fall". It now has almost 258,000 views on YouTube.

Dee

Post by Dee »

Well put, Randy!

Ashley (and her musically-talented siblings) obviously lived up to her Dad's advice: "Practice".

Randy

Post by Randy »

I agree Dee, it is the best yet. She inherited well from her Mom and Dad, and she has refined that inheritance beautifully. What she is doing is not easy, she makes it look that way. Hasn't happened overnite, she has worked hard and earned it.

NEVER a mistake.

Outstanding :D

Dee

Post by Dee »

Ashley Campbell performing and talking about her Dad at Studio B at B 925 FM in Sacramento, California.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LadMoR3J5A0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

To Randy--I believe this is the best performance of "Remembering" yet.
For me, the guitar with violin is a perfect combination for this "sadly, beautiful" song.

Dee

Dee

Post by Dee »

You are welcome, arlw!
Hopefully, these albums will be available one day on CD or digitally.
I won't post how much I paid for "United We Stand" about 4 years ago on the secondary market.
:oops:

arlw

Post by arlw »

Thanks Dee and Cowpoke,
Sky People was what I was trying to remember......Thanks again---other than that cassette of Burning Bridges and the Sky People, I have all the other recordings...

Dee

Post by Dee »

Part 2, arlw....Cowpoke posted this additional discography info on June 4, 2014:
Guys... I finally got it! Debby's debut album from 1992 called Burning Bridges! At some point I was starting to doubt if it even really existed. I am so happy to add this to my collection.

It's a musicassette and has 8 songs in total.

Side A
Burning Bridges
Swingin' the Blues
Crazy
Just When I Needed You Most

Side B
Oh! Lonesome Me
Broken Heart
You Really Had Me Goin'
Blue Side of Goodbye

Producer: Denny Franks
Engineered by: Bert Jones
Recorded: Crystal Recording and Sound, Branson, 1992

My favorite song is.... Burning Bridges. It has Debby singing the lead vocal beautifully and Glen singing harmony! And on top of that, Debby's aunts Sandy Brink and Barbara Frazier also do background vocals on the album.
Below is the photo of this cassette that Cowpoke had also posted. Debby had shared with me that Barbara had taken this photo for the album, I think she said this bridge is in Branson; maybe you can confirm?
Debby Campbell_Burning Bridges_Cassette.jpg
Debby Campbell_Burning Bridges_Cassette.jpg (69.26 KiB) Viewed 5262 times

Dee

Post by Dee »

Hi, arlw,

Cowpoke will likely know right away the information you are looking for. Until he sees your question, I found this discography post, below, written by Cowpoke from August 7, 2012. Were you thinking of Sky People?
updated version!

1976 - Debby is a member of LA band Sky People (Marc Moreland's band who later formed Wall of Voodoo). No known releases.

1987 - Debby performs for the first time with her dad on the Arizona State Fair in Phoenix. I believe they sang "Burning Bridges", but I'm not sure!

1990 - Debby sings backing vocals on "Cheatin' Is" on her dad's "Walkin' in the Sun" album.

late 80s/early 90s - Debby performs for a couple of years with the band Justice (made up of Orange County, California Sherrifs)

1992 - Debby releases her first solo album "Burning Bridges" on musicassette. [anyone who has more info on this album, please let me know]

1994 - On "Glen Campbell Live! His Greatest Hits" (Laserlight, 1994) Debby duets on "Let It Be Me".
This duet is also captured on the video "Branson Video Classics Glen Campbell Goodtime Show" (Ventura Entertainment Group, 1994). In addition to that, Debby can be seen performing "Why Haven't I Heard From You" solo.

1995 - Debby releases "United We Stand" (Branson Theatre Corporation, 1995), also on musicassette. The album was produced by Jeff Dayton. Tracklist:

Side A:
"Medley:" (live)
- "United We Stand" (Hiller/Simons)
- "Little Green Apples" (Russell)
- "Canadian Sunset" (Gimbel/Heywood)
- "My Elusive Dreams" (Sherril/Putman)
- "United We Stand" (reprise)
"Take Me As I Am" (Dipiero/Staley)
"Let It Be Me" (Bacaud/Delanoe/Curtis) (live)
"Supermom's Taking The Night Off" (Dayton)
"The Woman In Me" (Twain/Lange)

Side B:
"All I Have To Do Is Dream" (Bryant)
"Silver Threads And Golden Needles" (Reynolds)
"You Make It So Easy" (Stewart/Weatherly/Kees)
"I Saw The Light" (Gold/Angelle)
"Bunthearted" (White/Goodrum)

Debby sings duets with her dad on "Medley", "Let It Be Me", "All I Have to Do is Dream" and "Silver Threads And Golden Needles".

1999 - Debby duets with Glen again on "Let It Be Me" from the album "Love Songs" (EMI, 1999).

2001 - Debby duets on "Little Green Apples" and "Let It Be Me" from "Glen Campbell in Concert with the South Dakota Symphony" (Columbia River, 2001). This concert has also been released on video and DVD.

2008 - Debby sings backing vocals on "Meet Glen Campbell".
This is a photo from Wikipedia of the cassette "United We Stand" (autographed).
Debby_and_Glen_Campbell_United_We_Stand_front_cover.jpg
Debby_and_Glen_Campbell_United_We_Stand_front_cover.jpg (30 KiB) Viewed 5259 times

arlw

Post by arlw »

I am very Happy for Ashley and Shannon! They are all over EBay with pictures that are signed by none other than "Glen"! I don't own any but, didn't know if you saw this! I thought it was neat to have their father sign the picture

Also--if someone can post this info, it would be greatly appreciated. For the life of me, I can't remember the name of Debby Campbell's group that she was in/on I think the cover of the LP as well that she did back I think in the 70's? There is a name of the group. I think Hyde posted it sometime ago and Debby replied to him....I know she did "Burning Bridges" on a cassette form only and the father /daughter one from Branson, which is a CD/Cassette, of which I have. Just need the name of the group she was in and I think they only did the 1 album???? Thanks---I posted this here as it is also Glen's daughter.....

Dee

Post by Dee »

Ashley Campbell interview with Jay Roberts
101.9 TheWolf

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=208&v=hldqg9BgTuQ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;