Welcome to Glen Campbell Forums
Glen's time in Lindrith New Mexico (1951-1952)

Glen's Music Peers - What Are They Doing Now?

REMEMBERING GLEN CAMPBELL - GLEN CAMPBELL WITH CARS - GLEN CAMPBELL MUSEUM
Dee

Re: Glen's Music Peers - What Are They Doing Now?

Post by Dee »

Brian Wilson
Brian Wilson's World Tour Pet Sounds.jpg
Brian Wilson's World Tour Pet Sounds.jpg (18.3 KiB) Viewed 7826 times
Brian Wilson will soon begin a world tour to celebrate and perform the iconic album "Pet Sounds" in honor of its 50th anniversary. The album was originally released on May 16, 1966, and, although it was not recognized as such at the time it was released, Pet Sounds is now thought to be one of the greatest albums of all time.

About the tour, Brian Wilson comments on his website:
“It’s really been a trip to sit here and think about releasing Pet Sounds 50 years ago,” says Wilson. “I love performing this album with my band and look forward to playing it for fans all across the world.”

Brian Wilson's extensive association with Glen Campbell goes way back to the sixties. Glen was not only a session musician for The Beach Boys, he filled in for Brian Wilson and toured with the boys in 1965. Pet Sounds is just one of the Boys' timeless productions on which Glen Campbell played guitar. Glen has always had the greatest respect for Wilson's genius as a songwriter.

The Beach Boys Album Pet Sounds.jpg
The Beach Boys Album Pet Sounds.jpg (44.48 KiB) Viewed 7826 times
Glen Campbell and The Beach Boys.jpg
Glen Campbell and The Beach Boys.jpg (28.29 KiB) Viewed 7826 times

From L to R – Carl Wilson, Mike Love, Glen Campbell, Dennis Wilson, Al Jardine

:arrow: For more information about Wilson's tour, see: http://www.brianwilson.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.

Dee

Post by Dee »

Tim McGraw
Tim McGraw_Profile Pic on FB_Jan. 2016.jpg
Tim McGraw_Profile Pic on FB_Jan. 2016.jpg (33.06 KiB) Viewed 6970 times
Almost a year ago, Tim McGraw covered Glen Campbell's Oscar-nominated song, "I'm Not Gonna Miss You", at the 87th Academy Awards ceremony. His deeply emotional performance brought audience members and other viewers to tears.

So, what has he been up to lately? As recent as January 21st of this month, McGraw released a new music video, "Humble and Kind", a song written by Lori McKenna and taken from his last album, Damn Country Music, released November 2015. McGraw describes the song as being a "letter to your kids" and about living one's life as a steward of humility, kindness and patience. His delivery as well as the song lyrics provide a serious message with heart similar to McGraw's hit song, "Live Like You Were Dying". In some ways, Humble and Kind's message reminds me of Glen Campbell's "Try A Little Kindness".

On social media, Tim McGraw posted the following message on the video's release date:
This song is so special to me. I really wanted a video that showed the universality of the message of Humble and Kind. Thanks to Wes Edwards (video director) for executing this vision and to Oprah Winfrey for lending us scenes of Belief from all over the world. I hope you like it as much as I do.
In this video, McGraw talks with Taste of Country about "Humble and Kind":

This is the official music video:

Cowpoke

Post by Cowpoke »

Wow, great to hear that Julian has found his way in Nashville, producing Hank Williams jr. no less!
Michel

I'm a carefree, range ridin', driftin' cowpoke...
Dee

Post by Dee »

Julian Raymond
Julian Raymond.jpg
Julian Raymond.jpg (20.13 KiB) Viewed 6353 times
What has Producer Extraordinaire, Composer, Musician, Grammy Award winner and Oscar nominee Julian Raymond been up to? Julian recently produced Hank Williams Jr.'s 37th album, "It's About Time" (Nash Icon Label), released on January 15, 2016. The album features re-recorded versions of classics such as "Are You Ready for the Country", "Mental Revenge" and "Born to Boogie" with Brantley Gilbert and Justin Moore and featuring Brad Paisley on guitar, as well as new songs written by Hank..."Dress Like an Icon," "Just Call Me Hank", "The Party's On", and "It's About Time."
Hank Williams Jr_It's About Time.jpg
Hank Williams Jr_It's About Time.jpg (33.13 KiB) Viewed 6353 times
Also, the "Glen Campbell: I'll Be Me" Soundtrack (Big Machine Records) has received a 2016 Grammy award nom for BEST COMPILATION SOUNDTRACK FOR VISUAL MEDIA. Julian was the compilation producer for this album! Fingers crossed to win!
Glen Campbell I'll Be Me Soundtrack-gcf.jpg
Glen Campbell I'll Be Me Soundtrack-gcf.jpg (30.22 KiB) Viewed 6353 times

Dee

Post by Dee »

Willie Nelson
Willie Nelson - Summertime Album Cover.jpg
Willie Nelson - Summertime Album Cover.jpg (41.5 KiB) Viewed 6196 times
Far from the genre of outlaw country music, Willie Nelson has cut a new album, "Summertime: Willie Nelson Sings Gershwin", covering classic songs written by George and Ira Gershwin such as "Embraceable You" and "They Can't Take That Away from Me". Due for release on February 26, 2016 (Legacy Label), guest artists include Cyndi Lauper and Sheryl Crow.

Willie Nelson was recently selected as the 2015 recipient of the Library of Congress Gershwin Prize for Popular Song.

:arrow: Watch Willie and Glen sing "Hello Walls" on the Glen Campbell Goodtime Hour by clicking here: http://www.eyeneer.com/video/countryfol ... ello-walls" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Glen Campbell and Willie Nelson_Goodtime Hour.jpg
Glen Campbell and Willie Nelson_Goodtime Hour.jpg (24.34 KiB) Viewed 6196 times

Dee

Glen's Music Peers - What Are They Doing Now?

Post by Dee »

New!
This topic provides updates about current or recent projects by peers / friends / associates of Glen Campbell.