Welcome to Glen Campbell Forums
Glen's time in Lindrith New Mexico (1951-1952)

The Glen Campbell Goodtime Hour - 8 NEW EPISODES!

REMEMBERING GLEN CAMPBELL - GLEN CAMPBELL WITH CARS - GLEN CAMPBELL MUSEUM
Mike Joyce

Re: The Glen Campbell Goodtime Hour - 8 NEW EPISODES!

Post by Mike Joyce »

Don't give up hope yet Cowpoke. I am sure something will happen.......eventually.

Cowpoke

Post by Cowpoke »

If it makes you feel a little better, I can't watch them either over here in The Netherlands! :) :(

I'm a carefree, range ridin', driftin' cowpoke...
Mike Joyce

Post by Mike Joyce »

Will do Dee, All my fingers are crossed.

Dee

Post by Dee »

So sorry, Mike and shockjock!
Shockjock, I would suggest emailing Shout Factory as Mike has done or contacting them via Facebook. I will, too.
The more fans who inquire, perhaps the more likely these episodes will be released on region-free DVDs!
I feel the interest is large because these episodes would also be of interest to fans of Johnny Cash, The Fifth Dimension, The Monkees, etc.
At the bottom of Shout Factory's home page are links for connecting with the company: https://www.shoutfactory.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Let's keep each other posted when we hear back from Shout Factory.
Dee

shockjock

Post by shockjock »

hi I live in the uk and cant see or own any of these shows on dvd can anyone help me ...

Mike Joyce

Post by Mike Joyce »

Dee,
I can't get on either. I have emailed Shout TV to see if this can sorted or even provide region 2 DVDs which I would gladly buy. Here's hoping.Either way it's great news and it may lead to a more comprehensive release sets.

Dee

Post by Dee »

Hi, Mike,
Great to see you back. You were missed!
In the U.K., are you able to view these Goodtime Hour shows on Shout Factory TV's site?
I heard from a fan today who lives in Finland. He cannot access this site.
Cowpoke, can you view it?
Anyone else not able to watch these online shows?
Thanks!
Dee

Mike Joyce

Post by Mike Joyce »

Wow Dee, That is fantastic news. I just hope that it leads to further releases. I was led to believe that the cost of releasing these shows was too high due to copyright issues. Perhaps that is now not an issue. Either way it is a brilliant early Christmas present for the fans who just want to re- live those golden days again.
BTW, great to be back, sorry for the long delay and thanks to you Dee and Cowpoke for your kind words.

Dee

Post by Dee »

2016-07-03_Shout Factory online ad for 8 new Glen Campbell GoodTime Hour Shows-gcf.jpg
2016-07-03_Shout Factory online ad for 8 new Glen Campbell GoodTime Hour Shows-gcf.jpg (30.88 KiB) Viewed 6759 times
Sometimes dreams do come true, fans! Shout Factory TV has released eight (8) episodes of The Glen Campbell Goodtime Hour!
Viewable online for free at this time. The episodes include:

The Glen Campbell Goodtime Hour: February 5, 1969
Duration: 50:50
Glen's guests are Jeannie C. Riley, Mike Nesmith, Davy Jones and Micky Dolenz from "The Monkees" and John Wayne in a cameo appearance.

The Glen Campbell Goodtime Hour: February 19, 1969
Duration: 51:36
Glen's guests are Steve Allen, Jayne Meadows, Stevie Wonder, Roger Miller, Pat Paulsen and a cameo appearance by John Wayne.

The Glen Campbell Goodtime Hour: April 23, 1969
Duration: 40:11
Glen's guests are Johnny Cash and June Carter Cash, Bob Newhart and Vikki Carr. Also appearing the Earl Brown Singers and the George LeFave Dancers.

The Glen Campbell Goodtime Hour: February 22, 1970
Duration: 51:20
Glen's guests are Dionne Warwick, 5th Dimension, John Byner and "Laugh-In's" Ruth Buzzi.

The Glen Campbell Goodtime Hour: November 15, 1970
Duration: 50:13
Glen's guests are Dean Martin, Anne Murray, Jerry Reed and John Byner. Also appearing Larry McNeeley.

The Glen Campbell Goodtime Hour: December 13, 1970
Duration: 51:44
Glen's guests are Ray Charles, Norm Crosby, Wally Cox and Anne Murray. Plus regulars: Jerry Reed, Larry McNeeley, Marty Paich Orchestra.

The Glen Campbell Goodtime Hour: January 10, 1971
Duration: 51:05
Glen's guests are Neil Diamond, Linda Ronstadt, Liberace and Larry Storch

The Glen Campbell Goodtime Hour: September 14, 1971
Duration: 51:53
Glen's guests are John Wayne, Carol Burnett, Tim Conway and Three Dog Night.

WATCH ALL 8 EPISODES HERE: http://www.shoutfactorytv.com/playlists ... 0d7b023b45" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thank you, Shout Factory!

Dee

The Glen Campbell Goodtime Hour - 8 NEW EPISODES!

Post by Dee »

47 Years Ago: ‘The Glen Campbell Goodtime Hour’ Debuts on CBS
The Boot
January 29, 2016
GC Goodtime Hour.jpg
GC Goodtime Hour.jpg (26.58 KiB) Viewed 6902 times
Forty-seven years ago today, on January 29, 1969, The Glen Campbell Goodtime Hour debuted on CBS.

Read the article here: http://theboot.com/the-glen-campbell-goodtime-hour-cbs/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

# # #

Members and readers, do you remember the very first episode? Share your memories of the Goodtime Hour here. :D

Glen Campbell's guests are Bobbie Gentry and the Smothers Brothers. Also appearing are comedian Pat Paulsen and singer-composer John Hartford (composer of "Gentle On My Mind", the show's theme song).

Musical Highlights: Glen Campbell sings "Wichita Lineman", "Homeward Bound", "Free-Born Man" and "For Once in My Life". Bobbie Gentry sings "Okolona River-Bottom Band". Glen and John Hartford perform "Salty-Dog Blues". Glen and Bobbie Gentry duet on "Little Green Apples".

Comedy: In a sketch, Glen and Dick Smothers (on horseback) try to get Tom to admit he's riding a hippo - not a horse. (From TV.com)