Welcome to Glen Campbell Forums
Glen's time in Lindrith New Mexico (1951-1952)

Announcing Glen Campbell's Newest DVD/CD Releases

REMEMBERING GLEN CAMPBELL - GLEN CAMPBELL WITH CARS - GLEN CAMPBELL MUSEUM
Dee

Re: New DVD / CD Releases

Post by Dee »

Here you go, "Beach":

https://soundcloud.com/user-573836299" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

We anxiously await your verdict. :)

Dee

Post by Dee »

"Beach", I am going to defer your questions about the new Glen Campbell Country Boy Hits CD to the experts, the discographers on Glen Campbell Forums: "new" vs. "compilation" and when the "New Studio Recordings" were recorded.
I will upload a small part of "Rhinestone Cowboy" from NSR to SoundCloud for purposes of our forums' research here. I will keep you posted.
Last night, I had double checked for liner notes in the NSR jewel case: no liner notes provided with my CD, purchased used.
BTW, I don't have the ear to distinguish between Glen's versions: they all sound great to me! :)

The_Beach

Post by The_Beach »

I think the tracks were recorded sometime during 1999-2004. What do you think?

The_Beach

Post by The_Beach »

Couldn't this be considered a new album then a compilation considering its basically all new material and songs? :D

The_Beach

Post by The_Beach »

CD arrived! These re-recordings sound awesome!!!! I uploaded Rhinestone Cowboy from the new CD Country Boys Hits to youtube so check it out to see what you guys think and to see if it is the same version that was on the past album!

https://youtu.be/b_S45FxJ9Cw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

In my opinion the song sounds like it could have been at a live concert but then they did a bunch of studio work to the song to make it sound like it was a full studio recording. I know musicians like to do that. Do you think that might be a possibility where the source of these songs were recorded from?

The_Beach

Post by The_Beach »

Dee wrote:Okay, thanks for clarifying, "Beach".
I could even upload the same song (but from the nsr CD) to SoundCloud; then, we can all have a listen!
Yeah that sounds good to me although i have never used sound cloud before! but im sure it isnt to hard to listen to a song from it. :oops:

Dee

Post by Dee »

Okay, thanks for clarifying, "Beach".
I could even upload the same song (but from the nsr CD) to SoundCloud; then, we can all have a listen!

The_Beach

Post by The_Beach »

Dee wrote:Hi Beach,

Just so that I am clear about your ask....you don't own the "new studio recordings" CD, right? And you are suggesting that you will post one of the songs from "Country Boy Hits" so that I can compare it to one of the songs on the "new studio recordings" CD?

I could do that but I hope you can locate the "n s r" CD for your personal collection. I feel it is a "must have" if you are building a complete (or as complete as can be) collection of GC CDs. Just my 2 cents.

Dee
No i dont have the "New Studio Recordings" CD i have looked both on Amazon and Ebay. It must have had a pretty limited run! But thats part of the fun building a collection trying to get some of those hard ones! Yes that is what i am asking if you could compare. That will help see how much of a priory I will have on tracking down the NSR cd. My CD will be coming tomorrow! I noticed in the new Country Boy hits has more "new recordings' of older songs then NSR i believe.

Dee

Post by Dee »

Hi Beach,

Just so that I am clear about your ask....you don't own the "new studio recordings" CD, right? And you are suggesting that you will post one of the songs from "Country Boy Hits" so that I can compare it to one of the songs on the "new studio recordings" CD?

I could do that but I hope you can locate the "n s r" CD for your personal collection. I feel it is a "must have" if you are building a complete (or as complete as can be) collection of GC CDs. Just my 2 cents.

Dee

The_Beach

Post by The_Beach »

Dee wrote:Don't own it yet, Beach, sorry!
Ok well i did buy it and it is on the way but i never got the original album you were talking about. If i post one of the songs on youtube would you be able to give it a listen and compare to see if it is the same recording?

Thanks