Welcome to Glen Campbell Forums
Glen's time in Lindrith New Mexico (1951-1952)

Songs Glen Campbell performed live

REMEMBERING GLEN CAMPBELL - GLEN CAMPBELL WITH CARS - GLEN CAMPBELL MUSEUM
Dee

Re: Songs Glen Campbell performed live

Post by Dee »

Hi, "The_Beach",

Senior Member Robduloc's Glen Campbell Songbook posted here on Glen Campbell Forums may be of help to you with your project. You could compare your live song/instrumental performances with Rob's list of recorded songs and instrumentals. He has put tremendous effort and time into compiling an amazing list of Glen's recordings!

This is a short cut to Rob's songbook topic posted on the ALL THINGS GLEN Forum:

:arrow: http://www.glencampbellforums.com/viewt ... f=10&t=451" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Dee

The_Beach

Post by The_Beach »

Cowpoke wrote:A few comments on your recent list :)

Back Home Again In Indiana (1973) - a live version of this made it on a Tonight Show compilation record (see wikipedia)
Ghost Riders in the Sky (1990) Roy Clark - the very rare soundtrack cassette of Uphill All the Way contains a version of this song by Glen and Roy (see wikipedia).
I Don't Want To Know Your Name (1981) - on It's the world gone crazy (1981)
Ocean In His Eyes - on Reunion (1974)
Shoulder To Shoulder (1981) Tanya Tucker - on It's the world gone crazy (1981)
Thank you very much!!! I will delete those when i merge to one list! Thank you! I don't own the album Its The World Gone Crazy album so those songs sound new to me! I actually finally have one coming in the mail finally!

Never heard of the Tonight Show compilation record but forgot about the Uphill All the Way! :oops:

Thank you very much for pointing those out for me! :D

If anyone else thinks of any more! Please let me know! I want to try to make this discography as complete as possible! Thanks

Cowpoke

Post by Cowpoke »

A few comments on your recent list :)

Back Home Again In Indiana (1973) - a live version of this made it on a Tonight Show compilation record (see wikipedia)
Ghost Riders in the Sky (1990) Roy Clark - the very rare soundtrack cassette of Uphill All the Way contains a version of this song by Glen and Roy (see wikipedia).
I Don't Want To Know Your Name (1981) - on It's the world gone crazy (1981)
Ocean In His Eyes - on Reunion (1974)
Shoulder To Shoulder (1981) Tanya Tucker - on It's the world gone crazy (1981)

I'm a carefree, range ridin', driftin' cowpoke...
The_Beach

Post by The_Beach »

Cowpoke wrote:Hi The_Beach, that wikipedia page about The Glen Campbell Music Show was created by me and a friend of mine, based on complete video recordings of all episodes. We post performances from that show on our youtube channel.
Yeah I have seen many of those shows on your youtube pages and else where on youtube! Thank you everyone for sharing them! I enjoy those videos very very much! but those shows I could not find ANYWHERE and i know Wikipedia is not always accurate but if you created that page then I am sure it is right! I will officially add those I couldn't confirm to the official list.

I will merge those all into one list today sometime instead of having a bunch of small list in this topic. but i am sure there are many more to go! In the mean time here are more to be added to the list that Glen preformed but NEVER made it onto an album!

All I Ever Need Is You
All My Trials (1992)
Along Came Jones (1969) John Hartford
Back Home Again In Indiana (1973)
The Book (1984)
Delilah (1968)
Dust On My Saddle (1977) Seals & Crofts
Flushed From the Bathroom of Your Heart (1968)
Ghost Riders in the Sky (1990) Roy Clark
Glen Campbell, Johnny Cash, Merle Haggard, Buck Owens, Tillis MEDLEY
God Bless The U.S.A. (1991)
Have A Little Faith Have A Little Hope
I Don't Want To Know Your Name (1981)
I Feel the Earth Move (1971) Dionne Warwick
I Thought About You (1990) Dinah Shore
If (1973) David Gates Bread
Look Up America (1975) Coca Cola
May The Bird of Paradise Fly Up Your Nose (1965)
Moments To Remember - Barber Shop Quartet
No Signs of Age (1998)
Ocean In His Eyes
Okie From Muskogee (1982)
Out Behind The Barn - Little Jimmie Dicken
Pocketful of Keys (1978) Boston Pops Orchestra
Seals and Crofts w/Glen Campbell MEDLEY Tequila/Summer Breeze/Black Mountain Range 1975 4:54
Shake Rattle & Roll (1965)
Shoulder To Shoulder (1981) Tanya Tucker
Sooner Or Later
Stumbling (1988)
Surrender (1965)
Thank God I'm A Country Boy (1977)
Tonight
Untangle Your Mind (1972)
Up Up and Away
White Silver Sand (1965)
Wind Beneath My Wings

Cowpoke

Post by Cowpoke »

Hi The_Beach, that wikipedia page about The Glen Campbell Music Show was created by me and a friend of mine, based on complete video recordings of all episodes. We post performances from that show on our youtube channel.

I'm a carefree, range ridin', driftin' cowpoke...
Mike Joyce

Post by Mike Joyce »

Hi The Beach,
I just looked at your new list from the Glen Campbell Music Show. You have listed "I believe" 1982. If it's the same song as the spiritual song I'm thinking of, Glen has recorded that one on his Oh Happy Day album.1970 I believe. I can't recall another song with that title.
Regards,
Mike

The_Beach

Post by The_Beach »

I found the rest of the List from the Glen Campbell Music Show from 1982-83 where he only preformed the song on this show and no albums.

Unfortunately this list here I could not find them on youtube. So can not confirm that he did these songs and also I am not able to hear how great Glen preformed these songs if he did preform them!

Hey Good Lookin'
Detroit City
Kaw Liga
Somebody's Knockin'
Tico-Tico
She's My baby
Show Me That You Love Me
Wonderful, Wonderful
Chances Are
Gone At Last
Chariots Of Fire
Detour
Eight Days A Week
With A Little Help From A Friend
Reachin' For The Sky
Somebody's Trying To Tell You Something
Till God Comes Back (Old Wing Mouth)

The_Beach

Post by The_Beach »

Mike Joyce wrote:Hi The Beach, Your doing a great job on that list. It amazes me all the songs Glen performed over the years. All them had to be learned and rehearsed for the shows he did at the time. It would be a great box set of songs if it ever came out.
I was looking at your extensive list and I did spot a couple of songs Glen has recorded.

1) "Don't lose me in the confusion" is on the Highwayman album, track two side two
2) "Barbara Allen" was recorded on the Artistry of Glen Campbell album. Which was also called Glen Campbell sings America. This was a Japanese imported album I bought years ago. The Artistry album was a limited collectors' album which I also managed to get many years ago.This album was apparently sold through the fan club only at the time 1972
I hope you don't mind me highlighting those two songs, but I think you want your list be be accurate as you mentioned and I hope that my observations are helpful.
Great job, The Beach, but I am sure you realize this will be a long list. Good luck
Mike
Thanks for letting me know I will update those! I also see i have Just to Satisfy You on the list. I will post a new list with all updates and new songs! Thanks you very much on your imput! I want to complete this discography as much as possible! Its hard to believe how many songs glen had to learn just to preform one time! He sure did a great job on it! That would be awesome if they came out with an extended box set of All of these songs Glen put so much effort in to preform these songs one time just to soon be forgotten about after that one performance!!

The_Beach

Post by The_Beach »

Cowpoke wrote:That is our youtube channel, both Dee, Jay and I post videos there.

Search wikipedia for "Glen Campbell Music Show", that will give you the complete list of songs performed on that show.
Thanks for that list! I found this many more from that link and I am only half way done!!!! Thanks

Dmoke From A Distan Fire (1978) Roy Clark
East Bound and Down (1982) Jerry Reed
Even The Nights Are Better (1982) Air Supply
I Believe (1982)
I Can't Stand This (1982) The Campbell Brothers
I Want To Be Wanted
The Last Free Man (1983) The Last Free Man
Misty (1982) Ray Stevens & Carl Jackson
Nothin' From Nothin' (1982) Billy Preston
On My Mind (1982) Carl Jackson
Poison Love (1982) Jerry Reed
Proud Mary (Rollin' On A River)
The Sweetest Thing (I've Ever Known) (1983) Sandi Brink
Texas (When I Die) (1982)
That Silver Haired Daddy Of Mine
When Does Brown Begin (1982) Billy Preston

Mike Joyce

Post by Mike Joyce »

The Beach, I forgot to mention, did you include the songs Glen performed with the Boston Pops Orchestra, on your list.
"No sign of age"," Pocket full of keys"," Asleep on the wind" all great Jimmy Webb songs of course.