Welcome to Glen Campbell Forums
Glen's time in Lindrith New Mexico (1951-1952)

Need a G.C. expert if this single issue is really him

REMEMBERING GLEN CAMPBELL - GLEN CAMPBELL WITH CARS - GLEN CAMPBELL MUSEUM
robduloc

Re: Need a G.C. expert if this single issue is really him

Post by robduloc »

Thank you, everybody, I thought that 1961 is a little late for one of the Ceneco Singles, 1959, yes! I would like to say that I am not a GC expert, I am a BigTime GC Fan.
And the majority of my albums are digital remasters, the high point to that is I don't have to get up and change the album after every side, it's a start, I did try to make sure that I sought out all the rare "A" & "B" 45 Singles, I also have around 15 singles I purchased just for the picture sleeves. it is nice to hear arlw has the Ceneco 45's signed. Very cool.

arlw

Post by arlw »

I can help you here as well---I have these in a frame on the wall and they are for sure Glen Campbell!! When I went to a book signing with Rhinestone Cowboy, I took these records with me and Glen was amazed that I even had a copy! Let alone, he signed them for me! They are quite rare and anytime you see them, I wouldn't hesitate to buy them! These 2 below are from my collection....

You You You / I Wonder - Ceneco Records. Vocals by Glen Campbell with the Glen-aires. #45R1356-1. Ceneco Recording Company 719 Sunset Road, S.W., Albuquerque, New Mexico. This copy is autographed by Glen Campbell. This is a 1959 release. The 45 is near mint condition

I've Got To Win/Dreams For Sale - Glen Campbell With The Glen-Aires. Ceneco Label, released in May 1958, Record Number, R-1324. Ceneco Recording Company, 719 Sunset Road S.W. Albuquerque, New Mexico. This record is extremely rare. Has surface scratches, but they do not affect the playing. Record is in good condition, considering its age of 34 years old. Autographed by Glen Campbell.

robduloc

Post by robduloc »

I'm not sure if anyone has heard this before, I have found as a record collector, two of my favorite places to purchase very old out of print vinyl are California and Arizona, apparently, the dry air and climate helps preserve the paper lining and inner contents!

smile~

robduloc

Post by robduloc »

There are two ultra-rare Ceneco Singles by The Glen-aires that go for around 145 dollars apiece among collectors.

Ceneco 1324 (May 1958)
Dreams For Sale b/w I've Got To Win
both songs written by Coy Ziegler

Ceneco 1356 (August 1961)
I Wonder b/w You, You, You
Side A. written by Coy Ziegler
Side B. written G Mahoney/H. Tillery

You will have to excuse me, I'm sure that it won't be the last time that I gush over these two singles!

robduloc

Post by robduloc »

I spent two years looking online for the Ceneco Single "I've Got To Win", it was usually the first and last thing I called up, and then one day not too long ago, it showed up on an auction, I don't have the exact number but I think the final bid was around 180 dollars!

I was in contact with Son Of Flintstone when I first started looking for it, he said that it rarely shows up for sale on the internet, maybe every couple of years and that the lowest it usually goes for is around 145 dollars, and so yeah, as a collector 180 wasn't too far off from what to expect the lowest bid to be, but that is the high stake world of ultra-rarities.

That's why I appreciate this forum, links were provided to listen to all the hard to find songs, you can listen to just about anything for free on YouTube, very cool.

Let me know if there is a place that has one for sale.

drool~

TOKENSURFER

Post by TOKENSURFER »

OK Cowpoke thanks

Cowpoke

Post by Cowpoke »

Hi,
yes that's Glen all right. Before Glen moved to LA in 1960 Glen played in Albuquerque, NM for 6 - 7 years, first in his uncle's band Dick Bills and his Sandia Mountain Boys, later in Glen Campbell and his Western Wranglers. One GC expert, who goes by the name of "Son of Flintstone" on amazon.com, has to best information on these recordings. He actually spoke to 3 of the 4 the Glen-Aires / Singchromatics.

https://www.amazon.com/review/R3KW7EIWCQGI6" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'm a carefree, range ridin', driftin' cowpoke...
TOKENSURFER

Need a G.C. expert if this single issue is really him

Post by TOKENSURFER »

It's on the CENECO LABEL from New Mexico Titled I've got to Win credited to Glen Campbell with the Glen-Aires. I'm a Beach Boys fan and collector and I know Glen Campbell's session work from the 60's and his Crest and Capehart singles. But I am not aware of the Ceneco issue and I doubt it's really the Glen Campbell. But I need an expert on Glen to let me know one way or the other. Thanks for anyone who Knows about this release. Token