Welcome to Glen Campbell Forums
Glen's time in Lindrith New Mexico (1951-1952)

Wikipedia Updates Suggested

REMEMBERING GLEN CAMPBELL - GLEN CAMPBELL WITH CARS - GLEN CAMPBELL MUSEUM
Cowpoke

Re: Wikipedia Updates Suggested

Post by Cowpoke »

That has already been done... not by me.

I'm a carefree, range ridin', driftin' cowpoke...
Dee

Post by Dee »

Wow! Thank you, Cowpoke!

And now you or another editor can add Glen's new album, "Adios", too? :)

(Did I just hear you say "Adios, Dee"? lol)

Dee

Cowpoke

Post by Cowpoke »

Well I did the easy fix... :)

Dee

Post by Dee »

Perhaps this correction might be an easy fix for a Wikipedia editor:
On Debby's album, United We Stand, the last track on side 2 is "Blindhearted" (not "Bunthearted").

Dee

Post by Dee »

Thanks, Cowpoke.
I clicked on the Talk:Glen_Campbell page.
It seems that I have to register first or my IP will display on the talk page?
If I register, then I'll be pulled into discussions that I don't have time to get into.
Could a registered editor simply copy and paste my suggestions below into one posting box on the Wikipedia talk page?
I can help identify issues and provide solid references from our archives.
No time (or desire) to learn Wikipedia which has the most convoluted rules of any site on the web.
Also--no time (or desire) to deal with the BS and push back from editors who are not knowledgeable of many facets of Glen's career.
Some editors get hung up on minutiae in the face of glaring omissions and poorly constructed GC articles.
Consequently, the major work either never gets done or it takes years to accomplish.
P.S. After reading "talk", it is unbelievable to me that an editor did not believe Glen's induction into The Musicians Hall of Fame was notable (not worthy to add to his bio's awards and honors).
Dee

Cowpoke

Post by Cowpoke »

Hi Dee,
every page on wikipedia has a "talk" page. You can add your suggestions there. Like:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Glen_Campbell" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Just click on the tab in the left upper corner next to the "Main Page" tab.

I agree with most of your suggestions. The trouble is: time time time (see what's become of me) :)

Dee

Wikipedia Updates Suggested

Post by Dee »

I know the Wikipedia writers and editors work hard on creating and maintaining articles.

However, I have noticed a few articles could use some clean up and content enhancements.

1. Ghost On The Canvas

Would it be possible to create a separate article for Glen's Goodbye Tour? I have always found it curious as to why it was added to the discography page for the album. This suggested change would include moving the tour description, the concert dates, the cancelled concert dates and the set list.

Also, some of the content is extraneous and could be deleted to make for a more album focused article. Some of the sentences in this article appear to be suppositional and not factual. In fact, one of the references is a tabloid (#12).

I would be glad to work with a writer but I do not personally have time to learn Wiki's myriad rules for formatting, etc. in order to make the changes myself.

2. I'll Be Me

This is another article that I believe should be divided into at least two articles. It appears that the documentary film, the EP, and the full soundtrack are all combined in one article. Could the I'll Be Me Soundtrack be a separate discography article -- with the full album as the primary focus and the EP as the secondary focus? Right now, the EP content is given primary focus; the EP CD is used for the article's image. The full soundtrack is not pictured. The doc's official poster is not posted on Wikipedia. I am happy to work with a writer to clean up this page, too.

The documentary should be a separate article, right? It's Critical Reception section needs to be edited and enhanced. I am happy to share more robust and professional reviews and accolades for this film.

The film's history section is inadequate and makes Director Keach sound like a stalker instead of a flimmaker. This section also reads like a tabloid with the mention of an alleged suit that had no impact on the film itself:
Director James Keach followed Campbell on his farewell tour. The film centers on Campbell's struggles with Alzheimer's disease. During the filming, Campbell was sued by a Los Angeles production company which claimed that he had broken an agreement to film a documentary with them. / The film had its television premiere on CNN on June 28, 2015.
Also, the last time I had looked up Glen's main discography article, the "I'll Be Me" Soundtrack had not been added.

3. Biography

Glen's bio has improved from several years ago, but hasn't been updated recently or corrected for odd word choices and punctuation errors. References are lacking for some of the content; this content has not been flagged for "citing".

I am posting these issues here because I don't know how to flag issues to Wikipedia writers and editors who are behind a wall on Wikipedia's site. Some editor names appear new to me -- and seem to be editors in general and not GC knowledgeable. Does Wikipedia have a page associated with an article where one can list issues?

Thanks!
Dee