Welcome to Glen Campbell Forums
Glen's time in Lindrith New Mexico (1951-1952)

Check Out This Link - Glen Campbell News on the Web

REMEMBERING GLEN CAMPBELL - GLEN CAMPBELL WITH CARS - GLEN CAMPBELL MUSEUM
Cowpoke

Re: Check Out This Link

Post by Cowpoke »

Ha how cool! I loved the first movie. I am certainly going to see this new one!
Wikipedia: I would add the compilation if it charts.

I'm a carefree, range ridin', driftin' cowpoke...
Dee

Post by Dee »

Glen Campbell's "Southern Nights" is introduced to a new genre of fans in 2017.
"Southern Nights" is one of the tracks on a new superhero film, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, based on the Marvel Comics superhero team Guardians of the Galaxy, produced by Marvel Studios and distributed by Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures. It is the sequel to 2014's Guardians of the Galaxy and the fifteenth film in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. The film is written and directed by James Gunn and stars an ensemble cast featuring Chris Pratt, Zoe Saldana, Dave Bautista, Vin Diesel, Bradley Cooper, Michael Rooker, Karen Gillan, Pom Klementieff, Elizabeth Debicki, Chris Sullivan, Sean Gunn, Sylvester Stallone, and Kurt Russell. In Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, the Guardians travel throughout the cosmos as they help Peter Quill learn more about his true parentage. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 premiered in Tokyo on April 10, 2017 and is scheduled to be released in the United States on May 5, 2017, in 3D and IMAX 3D. (Source: Wikipedia)
"Southern Nights," Glen Campbell's groovy 1977 version of Allen Toussaint's song was a childhood favorite for Gunn: "It's a little bit of a different flavor for the movie."
-Source with article and info about the complete soundtrack: Inside the 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Soundtrack, RollingStone, April 18, 2017

From the film's playlist on YouTube:

:?: Glen Campbell discographers: would this compilation soundtrack be a legit addition to Glen's discography?
Set List_Poster_Guardians of the Galaxy.jpg
Set List_Poster_Guardians of the Galaxy.jpg (74.88 KiB) Viewed 6100 times

Dee

Post by Dee »

Ashley Campbell, among other artists, was on DOT....

Big Machine's Reboot: Label Boss Scott Borchetta on Staff Exits, Dot Closing
3/23/2017 by Chris Willman
Billboard
"As an imprint is shuttered and staffers exit, the Nashville label that Taylor (Swift) built refocuses. "We were starting to do the things i didn't like about major labels."
:arrow: http://www.billboard.com/articles/busin ... ot-artists" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Dee

Post by Dee »

How Glen Campbell helped soon-to-be fellow Hall-of-Famer Alan Jackson
By ABC News Radio | April 6, 2017

True story! Kudos to Alan Jackson for bringing this story to the press this week.

http://kwbe.com/abc_music-co/how-glen-c ... d35890928/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Cowpoke

Post by Cowpoke »

Champions Gala raises $213,000 for Alzheimer's Arkansas
Entertainment was by the Glen Campbell Family Quartet, consisting of the country music legend's central Arkansas relatives. Their selections included a wistful medley mixing two Campbell hits: "Wichita Lineman" and "By the Time I Get to Phoenix."
Article and pictures

http://www.arkansasonline.com/news/2017 ... -20170402/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.arkansasonline.com/galleries/22837/album/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Dee

Post by Dee »

Remember this prior post under "Glen Campbell on YouTube and Other Video Sites"?
ORIGINAL POST & VIDEO FROM THE DONNY & MARIE SHOW :arrow: http://www.glencampbellforums.com/viewt ... nger#p5297" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

NOW UP FOR AUCTION! Description and photos below!

Glen's purple and maroon rhinestone outfit custom-created for this Donny & Marie show is now up for auction along with other celeb's entertainment memorabilia:
A Glen Campbell rhinestone outfit from The Donny and Marie Show
A purple and maroon jumpsuit lavishly decorated with rhinestones, diamond-shaped patches, and rhinestone fringe in a western style, culminating in maroon velvet bell-bottom trim and silver tassels, bearing an interior tag inscribed,"Cotroneo Costume / Hollywood / Mr. Campbell Glen / EC 2 / Size 40," and "EC 2" handwritten in black marker on the inside back. Accompanied by a pair of matching arm cuffs, matching belt, a red rhinestone-studded scarf (not original to the costume), and the original rhinestone-decorated sunglasses. Campbell wore this creation when he appeared on ABC's The Donny and Marie Show, which aired on October 21, 1977. Just off the enormous success of his song, "Rhinestone Cowboy" a couple of years prior, Campbell showed off his comedic chops in a spoof which combined his hit song with the James Bond thriller, Goldfinger, called "Rhinestonefinger." At the time, Donny and Marie were in their teens and were the youngest performers in television history to host their own show. Glen Campbell was a regular on many television programs during the 1970s variety show craze."
[Click once on image to enlarge viewing window if the full-size pic doesn't display.]
Glen Campbell Rhinestone Finger.jpg
Glen Campbell Rhinestone Finger.jpg (56.9 KiB) Viewed 5736 times
Glen Campbell Rhinestone Outfilt_FRONT.jpg
Glen Campbell Rhinestone Outfilt_FRONT.jpg (39.17 KiB) Viewed 5736 times
Glen Campbell Rhinestone Outfilt_BACK.jpg
Glen Campbell Rhinestone Outfilt_BACK.jpg (37.12 KiB) Viewed 5736 times

Cowpoke

Post by Cowpoke »

I wonder who is in the Glen Campbell Family Quartet?
Sellers, 49, is now board president for Alzheimer's Arkansas and will be one of three people honored at the organization's fifth annual Champions Gala!, to be held Thursday at the Little Rock Marriott. The fundraising event is designed to show some love for Arkansas caregivers who tend to those with Alzheimer's and other forms of dementia. Also to be honored are Patricia Rose Carlton (whose name has inspired a rose motif to run throughout the program) and Michelle Byler. The event will include a VIP reception, silent and live auctions, entertainment by the Glen Campbell Family Quartet and a special reading by former caregiver Karen Hayes.
http://m.arkansasonline.com/news/2017/m ... r-s-arkan/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Cowpoke

Post by Cowpoke »

You're welcome Mike. Come to think of it, of those 15 there are 7 songs in there that Glen recorded!

Mike Joyce

Post by Mike Joyce »

Very good Cowpoke. I got about 7. Thanks for posting.

Cowpoke

Re: New DVD / CD Releases

Post by Cowpoke »

I realize it's bitter that more and more posts under "New DVD / CD Releases" are actually about releases from other artists covering Glen's songs, but I do really want to draw your attention to this particular cover. As posted before, Alison Kraus covered Gentle on My Mind on her latest album. In an interview she says something about a youtube video with Glen.
One of her new tracks is a gorgeous reading of Gentle On My Mind, a song made famous in the Sixties by the Rhinestone Cowboy himself, Glen Campbell.
Alison can't help drawing my attention to a YouTube clip of his fabulous duet with Stevie Wonder on Bob Dylan's Blowin' In The Wind.
"You're thinking, 'Don't come in, Glen, how can you match Stevie?' but when he does, he's absolutely amazing."
Source: https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/3 ... -city/amp/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;