Check Out This Link & DebStewart1956's GC Pinterest page!

* REMEMBERING GLEN CAMPBELL * 2017 CMA WIN! * PINTEREST * AND MORE

Re: Check Out This Link

Postby Mike Joyce » Sun May 07, 2017 9:25 am

Hi Dee, I was checking this out yesterday. Apparently these packs have sold really well and stock has already gone here in the UK. I guess they will be over on Ebay very shortly.
Mike Joyce

Postby Dee » Sat May 06, 2017 9:41 pm

Good one, Mike! lololol!
I can't even think of a good comeback!
Dee :)
New to Glen Campbell Forums? When you reach the bottom of this page, click on the next page number ------>
Dee
Site Admin

Postby Mike Joyce » Thu May 04, 2017 12:08 pm

Hey Dee,
Lets hope the sound is crisp. :lol:
Mike Joyce

Postby Cowpoke » Wed May 03, 2017 6:32 am

‘Industry Jam’ Live Concert Event Returns for Music Biz 2017 in Nashville with Performances from Industry Execs, Top Musicians

Special awards will also be presented to the Alice Cooper band (accepted by original members Dennis Dunaway, Michael Bruce, and Neal Smith), Glen Campbell (accepted by his wife, Kimberly Woolen, with a special performance featuring Ashley Campbell, Shannon Campbell, and Cal Campbell), and renowned artist manager Toby Mamis.

See more at: https://musicbiz.org/news/industry-jam- ... musicians/
I'm a carefree, range ridin', driftin' cowpoke...
Cowpoke

Postby Dee » Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:35 pm

Glen's "Southern Nights" to rock out from limited edition bags of Doritos!
Nooooo, I am not making this up!
In fact, the entire official soundtrack from the film, "Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2", will be available to PLAY on specially-designed Doritos bags incorporating cassette players.

2017-04-25-Doritos Cassette Player_Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2.jpg
2017-04-25-Doritos Cassette Player_Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2.jpg (146.9 KiB) Viewed 354 times

Read about this unique marketing campaign by Doritos and Marvel Studios (Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 film):

Doritos & Marvel Partner for 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Promotion: Exclusive
Billboard
:arrow: http://www.billboard.com/biz/articles/n ... -promotion

Listen to the 'Guardians 2' soundtrack using this bag of Doritos
Techspot
:arrow: http://www.techspot.com/news/69092-list ... ritos.html

You won't be able to purchase this limited edition Doritos bag from your grocery store.
"The custom bags will be available for consumer purchase on April 28 via Amazon.com/Doritos while supplies last."

Sounds a bit "cheesy" to me. :roll:
~Dee

P.S. to Cowpoke / Wikipedia editors

The first "Guardians of the Galaxy" soundtrack spent two weeks at No. 1 on the Billboard 200 chart and was the tenth largest selling album of 2014 (543,000 sold, according to Nielsen SoundScan).
http://www.billboard.com/biz/articles/6 ... sette-tape
I'll bet Vol. 2 will chart, and it may be the most unusual charting compilation album listed in Glen's discography! But will you have to list the Doritos bag, too? lol
New to Glen Campbell Forums? When you reach the bottom of this page, click on the next page number ------>
Dee
Site Admin

Postby Mike Joyce » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:43 pm

I caught some of Convoy the other day, and it was the part where you can hear Southern nights in the background during an evening rest for the drivers of the convoy trucks.
Dee, you will of course know it starred Kris Kristofferson as the rubber duck. I bought the album at the time and of course went to see the movie to hear Glen.
Mike Joyce

Postby Cowpoke » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:38 am

Ha how cool! I loved the first movie. I am certainly going to see this new one!
Wikipedia: I would add the compilation if it charts.
I'm a carefree, range ridin', driftin' cowpoke...
Cowpoke

Postby Dee » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:22 pm

Glen Campbell's "Southern Nights" is introduced to a new genre of fans in 2017.
"Southern Nights" is one of the tracks on a new superhero film, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, based on the Marvel Comics superhero team Guardians of the Galaxy, produced by Marvel Studios and distributed by Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures. It is the sequel to 2014's Guardians of the Galaxy and the fifteenth film in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. The film is written and directed by James Gunn and stars an ensemble cast featuring Chris Pratt, Zoe Saldana, Dave Bautista, Vin Diesel, Bradley Cooper, Michael Rooker, Karen Gillan, Pom Klementieff, Elizabeth Debicki, Chris Sullivan, Sean Gunn, Sylvester Stallone, and Kurt Russell. In Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, the Guardians travel throughout the cosmos as they help Peter Quill learn more about his true parentage. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 premiered in Tokyo on April 10, 2017 and is scheduled to be released in the United States on May 5, 2017, in 3D and IMAX 3D. (Source: Wikipedia)

"Southern Nights," Glen Campbell's groovy 1977 version of Allen Toussaint's song was a childhood favorite for Gunn: "It's a little bit of a different flavor for the movie."

-Source with article and info about the complete soundtrack: Inside the 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Soundtrack, RollingStone, April 18, 2017

From the film's playlist on YouTube:

:?: Glen Campbell discographers: would this compilation soundtrack be a legit addition to Glen's discography?

Set List_Poster_Guardians of the Galaxy.jpg
Set List_Poster_Guardians of the Galaxy.jpg (74.88 KiB) Viewed 364 times
Dee
Site Admin

Postby Dee » Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:54 pm

Ashley Campbell, among other artists, was on DOT....

Big Machine's Reboot: Label Boss Scott Borchetta on Staff Exits, Dot Closing
3/23/2017 by Chris Willman
Billboard
"As an imprint is shuttered and staffers exit, the Nashville label that Taylor (Swift) built refocuses. "We were starting to do the things i didn't like about major labels."

:arrow: http://www.billboard.com/articles/busin ... ot-artists
Dee
Site Admin

Postby Dee » Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:28 pm

How Glen Campbell helped soon-to-be fellow Hall-of-Famer Alan Jackson
By ABC News Radio | April 6, 2017

True story! Kudos to Alan Jackson for bringing this story to the press this week.

http://kwbe.com/abc_music-co/how-glen-c ... d35890928/
Dee
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to All Things Glen