Welcome to Glen Campbell Forums
Glen's time in Lindrith New Mexico (1951-1952)

Glen Campbell - People Magazine Dec. 18th Issue NEW!

REMEMBERING GLEN CAMPBELL - GLEN CAMPBELL WITH CARS - GLEN CAMPBELL MUSEUM
Phyllis

Re: Glen Campbell Commemorative Edition (PEOPLE)

Post by Phyllis »

There is also somebody today selling the magazine on Amazon.com but they only have a few copies and it costs more than the seller on eBay. I'm glad I ordered mine on eBay yesterday. My delivery date also says by Sept. 11. Here is the link on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/People-Special-C ... n+campbell" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

arlw

Post by arlw »

Cowpoke,

I haven't located any store either that carries them! It was just released yesterday and it will run till the 8th of December, OR until gone! Barnes and Noble, Wal-Marts and all grocery stores didn't have it. That also included all the Walgreen's and CVS stores here in Texas. They didn't have them/not in yet/not getting them! My fingers did the walking and talking and I finally gave up after 2 hours of hunting. This dealer on E-Bay might be your best bet as instead of 15.00, he is selling them for 9.99. Just so everyone knows--THERE IS ONE RUN OF THIS MAGAZINE-WHEN THEY ARE GONE, THERE WILL BE NO MORE! I wouldn't wait that long! Have a wonderful weekend.

Cowpoke

Post by Cowpoke »

Just a question: I cannot find anything about this commemorative edition on the People Magazine website or elsewhere. You would expect them to promote this special edition right? The only hits that come up are on ebay. Why would this be?

I'm a carefree, range ridin', driftin' cowpoke...
arlw

Post by arlw »

Dee,
Glad you ordered the magazine like me and Phyllis as well!! My order date was changed to by Sept.11--I think they might have more orders to deal with and need time to ship! That's ok with me.

Dee

Post by Dee »

Okay, Phyllis and arlw, you both sold me on buying one from the same seller! :)
Great price! Thank you, both!

The delivery date on my order is September 12th.

I looked for this issue at a large grocery chain store tonight and did not see it on the racks. :cry:

Dee

Post by Dee »

Hi, Sunshine!

Close! It appears to be a 1624. (According to jay, Glen had several of these guitars.)

Below is the link to the page on the Forums here that highlights the 1624:

http://www.glencampbellforums.com/viewt ... =115#p6639" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

What do you think?

Did you ever see Glen in concert with this guitar? The little American flag on it (actually a guitar pick holder) is something I remember from either a '72 or '74 concert!

DFSunshine

Post by DFSunshine »

Dee, I replied about the guitar, but I think I stuck my answer on Glen, rip.

DFSunshine

Post by DFSunshine »

I will take a wild guess, is it the classic Balladeer?? :P

Phyllis

Post by Phyllis »

I ordered a copy today from that seller on eBay. I'm certainly looking forward to receiving it!

Phyllis

arlw

Post by arlw »

Just ordered 3 copies! I checked Barnes and Noble and other misc. places and they had nothing. Amazon had 1 copy, so my last resort instead of running around, was EBay! Just so you know, the list price of these Magazines is $14.99 plus tax! This dealer is selling them brand new/still sealed for $9.99 and even with shipping, it comes to my door by Monday! AND, he combines shipping if you buy more than 1 issue!! Anybody that has been on EBay for 16 years with all positive transactions deserves my buying!! Check it out!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/People-Special- ... Swz2tZpx08" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;