Welcome to Glen Campbell Forums
Glen's time in Lindrith New Mexico (1951-1952)

Glen Campbell's Children's Music Careers

REMEMBERING GLEN CAMPBELL - GLEN CAMPBELL WITH CARS - GLEN CAMPBELL MUSEUM
Dee

Re: Glen Campbell's Children's Music Careers

Post by Dee »

You nailed it, Randy!

Randy

Post by Randy »

Agree on all points Dee and what I have noticed on the big stage (Opry/Country Road Tv) Ashley like Dad brings the A game. When she gets on the big stage she delivers and excells!

Dee

Post by Dee »

You are welcome, Randy!
It is wonderful (and highly unusual for the Opry) for anyone to obtain official video footage to upload to another channel other than the Opry's. Kudos to Kim--thank you so much!
I had listened to this program on Live Opry Radio, but it didn't have the same impact.
I cried, too, when I watched it. For me, I could sense the enormous love on that stage for Glen from his family members and Carl Jackson as well as the love the Campbells and Carl have for each other.
(Tremendous love and respect from the Grand Ole Opry's audience and host, too.)
What affected me emotionally was that Ashley Campbell did exactly what her Dad would have done: she brought family members, Glen's sisters no less!, on stage to sing with her.

Randy

Post by Randy »

Wow, doesn't get any better than that . Tears of joy ran down my cheek on that one. Thanks for that upload Dee!

Dee

Post by Dee »

Ashley Campbell, Carl Jackson, Dani Flowers + Glen Campbell's sisters at Grand Ole Opry
Performed on August 25, 2017

[Link updated 9/20/17 by Dee]

Dee

Post by Dee »

Check out these previews from Debby Campbell's upcoming album on CD, currently in production.
Doesn't she sound great?!

Debby Campbell_2017.jpg
Debby Campbell_2017.jpg (19.19 KiB) Viewed 7599 times
"By The Time I Get To Phoenix":

"The Moon's A Harsh Mistress":

Dee

Post by Dee »

Great observation about Shannon's instrument in the Drive-Thur Concert video posted below, jay!
I had not known Ovation made (or makes?) mandolins.

Seeing Shannon wearing a knit cap in the vid reminded me of this great photo of Glen Campbell and Julian Raymond: :D
Glen_Julian Raymond_Shannon Campbell-gcf.jpg
Glen_Julian Raymond_Shannon Campbell-gcf.jpg (27.9 KiB) Viewed 7546 times

jay

Post by jay »

Shannon...playing an Ovation Mando in the YT vid!!!!

Dee

Post by Dee »

Shannon Campbell_Little Feather.jpg
Shannon Campbell_Little Feather.jpg (7.76 KiB) Viewed 7508 times
Little Feather, a new Nashville country music band with lead singer-songwriter Liz Sharpe, released its first single, “Hillbilly Love Song (Hey Y’all)”, this week.
Shannon Campbell is one of the band's members along with Aaron Spraggs, Sam Brooker, Luc Nyhus, and Dylan Rowe.

From the Huffington Post:
“Hillbilly Love Song (Hey Y’all)” at first listen is an upbeat, fun tune that showcases lead singer Liz Sharpe‘s vintage-modern vocal skills along with the band’s organically optimistic acoustic playing.
The group expects to release their first album on September 29, 2017.

You can read more about Little Feather and also obtain a link to listen to the new single at:

:arrow: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/fir ... 6c0a8d0f9c" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The band has also been busy producing a series of "Drive-Thru Concerts", an innovative idea for combining fast food, music and fun! Huffington Post describes the videos and their new success on YouTube and facebook:
They (Little Feather) literally pile into a van, order a meal and then pick and sing their way to the drive-thru window causing impromptu reactions by employees who can’t help but start dancing and singing along with them.

The videos, which have amassed nearly 2 million views, have gone over so well that earlier this month Little Feather enjoyed their first taste of success by winning a Silver Telly Award in the Music Video category at the 38th Annual Telly Awards that honors the best in film and video.
Below is one of the Drive-Thru Concert videos on Little Feather's YouTube channel.

Official Website: http://www.littlefeathermusic.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Dee

Post by Dee »

Here ya go, Randy! TWO new stellar performances!