Welcome to Glen Campbell Forums
Glen's time in Lindrith New Mexico (1951-1952)

The Glen Campbell Music Show Returns on getTV!

REMEMBERING GLEN CAMPBELL - GLEN CAMPBELL WITH CARS - GLEN CAMPBELL MUSEUM
dee2

Re: The Glen Campbell Music Show Returns Aug. 2018

Post by dee2 »

The Glen Campbell Music Show returns to getTV (which most of us don't "get"), airing on Monday, August 6, 2018, with back-to-back episodes possibly as a memorial? Program schedule: https://www.get.tv/

Glen Campbell Music Show Schedule_getTV.jpg
Glen Campbell Music Show Schedule_getTV.jpg (83.14 KiB) Viewed 8432 times

arlw

Re: The Glen Campbell Music Show Returns on getTV!

Post by arlw »

For all of the people that either miss the Glen Campbell Music Shows or do not get that station-most of these are on U-Tube. If you key in the show like Sonny and Cher, The Smothers Brothers, Carol Burnett, and others, it will take you to the program that Glen is on! Here is a link that might assist other people.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... music+show" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

admin
Site Admin

Re: The Glen Campbell Music Show on getTV - Dec 6

Post by admin »

Repeats now, but if you missed the episode featuring Emmylou Harris and Glen's parents, it airs again tonight, 6 December at 10:30pm (EST).
Glen's guests include Emmylou Harris and Glen's parents.

Also, getTV will broadcast these shows again:

The Glen Campbell Music Show - Featuring Willie Nelson
On Air: Sunday, December 31 12:30pm (EST)

The Sonny And Cher Show - Featuring Farrah Fawcett, Don Knotts, and Glen Campbell
On Air: Sunday, December 31 1:00pm (EST)
Glen Campbell performs "Southern Nights", followed by a medley with Cher that includes "Country Boy” (You Got Your Feet in L.A.), “Don't Pull Your Love Out on Me, Baby” and “Rhinestone Cowboy."

For broadcast times / channels in your area, check getTV's schedule on their official website here: https://www.get.tv/schedule" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Bonnie

Post by Bonnie »

Another episode of Dolly, followed by The Glen Campbell Music Show, are scheduled tonight on GetTV. My guide says Dolly's guest is Tom T. Hall, and Glen's guest is Jerry Reed. Many of us have probably seen bits and pieces of Glen's music show on YouTube, but it's nice to see the complete episodes. (Or as complete as they can be - I suppose there may be bits cut out to allow more time for commercials.)

I didn't see any of Glen's Music Show during its original run in the '80's. I wasn't even aware of it. Things in syndication might have been harder to find out about in those days. I never missed the Goodtime Hour.

Looking forward to another episode of great music!

Dee

Post by Dee »

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Thanks for posting, Bonnie!
Hopefully, the channel will get the name right next time! :) We will look for the other shows you mentioned, too.
Wasn't this a fantastic show? Now we know why it was titled "Glen Campbell Music Show" -- it was all music! No comedy skits.
On this same channel, look for the special "Souled Out" with Dionne Warwick (host) and Glen Campbell (guest). It is currently not on the schedule but has been shown a few times in the last year or so.
"Dolly" episodes have been broadcast from time to time; not sure if getTV is repeating the aired shows or showing new ones each time these shows get on the schedule.
"Johnny Cash & Friends" has been broadcast several times during the last year. You will love it!

Surprisingly, the set list tonight matched up with the one on Wikipedia, with just a few minor changes to Wikipedia's set list. All songs were performed based on the list on Wikipedia. Perhaps some conversation between Willie and Glen was cut in order to run the long commercials? Here's the set list:

"On the Road Again"
Glen Campbell & Willie Nelson

"Always on My Mind"
Willie Nelson

"Just to Satisfy You" / (and "Another Love Another Place"? -- a Medley)

"Mammas Don't Let Your Babies Grow Up to Be Cowboys"

"Crazy"
Glen Campbell (solo)

"Uncloudy Day"
Glen Campbell, Willie Nelson, surprise guest Roger Miller

"Old Friends"
Glen Campbell, Willie Nelson, surprise guest Roger Miller

Thank you, getTV and Sony!

The next Glen Campbell Music Show airs Sunday, the 15th, 10:30pm ET, with JERRY REED.

Bonnie, thank you for helping to keep Glen's music alive and also for posting the Dish Network channel number to help other fans locate the Glen Campbell Music Show

Bonnie

Post by Bonnie »

The promos for Glen's show are for the Music Show, and not the Goodtime Hour. Whoever was in charge of the on-screen guide probably just didn't know the difference. ☺

Bonnie

Post by Bonnie »

Thanks for the notice about this. I'm anxiously waiting for the episode to air in a couple of hours. I had to search a bit to find Get TV. We have Dish Network and it's on channel 373 for us. The on-screen guide shows that it is scheduled to be the Goodtime Hour, instead of the Glen Campbell Music Show, so I'm interested to find out which one it will be. I'll enjoy either one! It's scheduled to be a half hour long, with a half hour of "Dolly" before it, followed by an hour long episode of "Johnny Cash and Friends." I have no idea if they've been airing Dolly and Johnny before now, but I'm going to start watching them now that I know about all these great old shows.

Glen's music lives on. Thanks for sharing so much information on this great site.

Cowpoke

Post by Cowpoke »

I cannot reach that link sadly. Is it for US viewers only? Wish someone could tape them for me. They are bound of be of higher quality than the VHS recordings that I have.

I'm a carefree, range ridin', driftin' cowpoke...
Dee

The Glen Campbell Music Show Returns on getTV!

Post by Dee »

Great news for fans in the U.S.!

"getTV" just announced upcoming rebroadcasts of "THE GLEN CAMPBELL MUSIC SHOW", a televised series hosted by Glen Campbell in the early 1980s. It aired only for one season.

Many of the "best of" the Music Show performances were excerpted and posted on Glen Campbell Forums on YouTube by Cowpoke. Now you can view entire episodes (or, rather, most of an episode due to getTV's long commercial breaks to support free tv). I don't know how many episodes will be broadcast. My guess is "not all" based on other retro music variety shows (such as "Cher") televised on the same channel; not all episodes of a variety show are broadcast.

Check out getTV's digital channel schedule on their website for dates and times. The first broadcast will be on Sunday, October 8th, with guest artist Willie Nelson.

Visit: https://www.get.tv/search/glen%20campbe ... sic%20show" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;