Welcome to Glen Campbell Forums
Glen's time in Lindrith New Mexico (1951-1952)

Remembering Glen Campbell (currently 12 pages, 100+ posts)

REMEMBERING GLEN CAMPBELL - GLEN CAMPBELL WITH CARS - GLEN CAMPBELL MUSEUM
admin
Site Admin

Re: Remembering Glen Campbell (currently 12 pages, 100+ posts)

Post by admin »

CMA THEATER AT THE COUNTRY MUSIC HALL OF FAME AND MUSEUM
Brad Paisley performs at Glen Campbell's memorial service, August 24th 2017

August 8, 2018
OFFICIAL YOUTUBE DESCRIPTION: Brad Paisley performs a medley of Glen Campbell songs at the late singer's memorial service, held at the Country Music Hall of Fame in Nashville, TN on August 24th, 2017. He is introduced by actress Jane Seymour. Glen Campbell passed away due to complications of Alzheimer's Disease on August 8th, 2017.

This video and performance are the exclusive property of CareLiving.org and the Campbell family and may not be downloaded or redistributed without express permission.
Heartfelt appreciation for Kim and her family for sharing this private video from Glen's service. ♥

:arrow: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uK_UTPvqGiI

Video: Courtesy of CareLiving.org // Downloading or Redistribution Is Not Allowed Without Express Permission

dee2

Re: Remembering Glen Campbell - post your tribute here...

Post by dee2 »

NSF Music Station Aug. 8 2018.jpg
NSF Music Station Aug. 8 2018.jpg (24.7 KiB) Viewed 26003 times

NSF Music ("need some fun") posted a tribute quiz for Glen Campbell fans:

WHAT GLEN CAMPBELL SONG ARE YOU?

If you take the brief quiz: skip the green "Start Here" button when you first land on the web page to take the quiz and scroll down to begin with the first quiz question:

QUIZ: :arrow: https://www.needsomefun.net/what-glen-c ... -you-quiz/

I'll share the answer to my quiz, if you share yours. :D

ALSO: NSF Music posted a very nice Glen Campbell tribute article with photos, "Today in Music History – AUGUST 8, 2017, Glen Campell Passed Away," at this link on their website:

:arrow: https://www.needsomefun.net/today-in-mu ... ille-home/

dee2

Post by dee2 »

August 8, 2018
Today, Glen Campbell's management company debuted this wonderful tribute video on Facebook. This link should take you directly to the video.

:arrow: https://www.facebook.com/glencampbellof ... 201517126/

dee2

Post by dee2 »

A long-time, most dedicated fan from Scotland, Roy Leyland, created these thoughtful tribute videos for Glen and his fans today. Thank you, Roy!
Dee & fans

dee2

Post by dee2 »

Glad to share Dillon Campbell's tribute, his heartfelt words and beautiful painting, posted for his Dad today.
(Facebook, August 8, 2018)

Glen Campbell-Dad-created by Dillon Campbell_c. 2018.jpg
Glen Campbell-Dad-created by Dillon Campbell_c. 2018.jpg (19.63 KiB) Viewed 25647 times
It was a year ago when you left us
A year ago that you went away
Into the light, the afterlife, the break of day
And i still smile sometimes at your memory
The memory of your solemn face
And all these personal memories
Time may never erase
I may never be able to hold you again
Or place my cheek upon your chest
But im happy to know that you are at peace
Finally getting your rest
And its times like these that i miss you
Its times like these that we cry
Theres a time to live, to laugh, to dance
There is also a time to die.

I miss you Dad. We all do. In our own strange ways.

-Dillon Campbell

dee2

Post by dee2 »

Video post #4 of 7: Remembering Glen Campbell

For fans who may have missed this WARK news story out of Delight, Arkansas last year, I thought I would re-post it. Although the clip begins with the news reporter's announcement of Glen's passing, his story also includes meeting with family members and friends of Glen's who celebrate his life by sharing their personal memories of Glen. Highlights of his career are covered, too.

Our thoughts and prayers are with Glen's family and close friends today as well as his fans from all over the world.

dee2

Post by dee2 »

IMG_2854 Glen Campbell on Goodbye Tour_2011 and 2012_c. DZ 2018.jpg
IMG_2854 Glen Campbell on Goodbye Tour_2011 and 2012_c. DZ 2018.jpg (548.17 KiB) Viewed 24905 times
Two adjacent pages from my GC photobook.
When creating this collage, I was attempting to recapture the excitement
of the Goodbye Tour concerts as well as Glen's energy and happiness on stage.

dee2

Post by dee2 »

Video Post #3 of 7 - Remembering Glen Campbell

This biography on video was produced by Alison Martino, the daughter of one of Glen Campbell's peers, Al Martino. The bio includes a very rare clip from Glen's appearance on The Joey Bishop Show -- the appearance that led to Glen's large successes as host and entertainer on television.

(Alison is one of "vintage" L.A.'s biggest promoters and a fan of Glen's. She personally filmed and interviewed him for this special bio. For info about Alison Martino's latest projects, check out her website at: http://alisonmartino.com/)

Also, if you missed this post by Paul Sexton for udiscovermusic.com last August, you may enjoy reading it: "“It Seemed Like Fate Was Always Leading Me To The Right Door” - Glen Campbell In His Own Words at:

:arrow: https://www.udiscovermusic.com/stories/ ... 20-quotes/

dee2

Re: Remembering Glen Campbell - updated daily

Post by dee2 »

Glen Campbell - I'll Be Me.jpg
Glen Campbell - I'll Be Me.jpg (32.2 KiB) Viewed 24505 times
Just a few of hundreds of fan posts on Glen Campbell's "Gentle On My Mind" video:
Thank You Glen, your music will always be in the back-roads by the rivers of my memory forever gentle on my mind.

In a more peaceful time... in America, we would watch his T.V. show on Sunday nite. I still like his music 50 years later. Thanks Glenn.

The pure beauty of American country music. God bless Glenn Campbell!

I've always loved listening to Glen. Just pure simple music, nothing fancy.

Still remember watching his show as a 10 year old kid.

Good memories.

Love Glen Campbell. Talented ain't the word.

RIP Glen. Today the entertainment world lost a true legend! Glen Campbell did it all. He sang, played guitar, had a hit tv show, acted in Hollywood movies, just a great personality and star.

The best country musician in the world ever. Love you Glen!!!

Inadequate words to convey my love and appreciation of this marvelous musical talent. 

Rip In Peace .Glen Campbell. My step dad, whom i met at 6 years old , was a trucker , he did interstate, but wanting to be living with us and help raise my sister & I so he stopped and drove regional and only few interstates , he used the tune of gentle on my mind to his own words about us, including my sister's best friend Helen.they were inseparable on a typical memory of his as drove the trucks, he was quite alot like Glen Big Smile , laughing lots the face and hair, tanned skin always positive and happy go lucky, loved his music and singing along to glen records, and many other artists from the 60's 70's
And it's knowing that the door is open Helen and Roslyn has just buzzed off
Debbie's out in the streets and running wild,
Mum's just had her breakfast ,and she's going down to the hairdressers, i guess that she'll be down there for a while..
I guess i'll wonder along and have a couple at the local ,where the girls behind the bar are nice and kind , and then i'll come back home and rest my weary bones and think of all that's gentle on my mind ...
RIP Glen and George.

How crazy is it that I super fell in love with his music the day before he passed.

I have performed for 35 years. I have been asked to perform on the Red Carpet of the World Premier of "Ill be me". I do a couple of his songs on a regular basis, In preparing for this special night, I have studied Mr. Campbell and his life with every resource I have. Gotta say, I am blown away by the way this man can deliver lyrics. Jimmy Webb is an amazing song writer. Mr. Haggard was absolutely correct when he said, "if ever too much talent was put into one body, it would be Glen Campbell." I am honored to do this. God Bless you Mr. Campbell. 

The young man I met before he left Pasadena, Texas to sign a record label in California. I was privileged to meet him and briefly call him a friend.

RIP Glen.... you will forever be Gentle on My Mind 😥 😥

For me, this music plumbed the depths of the American experience and gave voice to what so many countless ones among us have felt but couldn't find it's expression ....... until the spirit of this wonderful music came along

(N)ame one group or singer that people are listening to after 30yrs NC

Always a pleasure.. Grew up listening to Glen.. my Dad being a Country Man.. I still love to hear the songs.. brings me to wonderful memories with my Dad.. xo

(G)len songs helped me keep my sanity when serving in VN for 19 months I concentrated on his stories in each song, it helped me look Foward to coming home and I am home

Ahh, His song. Galveston. Traveled. Sweetly. Through. The sweetest. First. Love. With me. .. how could I ever forget. Glen's. voice. .. Mmmm !

RIP Glen .... loved your music as I was growing up..... (sheds a tear)

IT WAS LIKE YESTERDAY.HOW TIME SLIPS AWAY AND NOTHING CAN STOP IT..

Glen long after you have departed this earth your music will live on. You were I beleive put on this earth to be an entertainer you did your job well in particular this song Gentle on my mind, My favorite listened to it 6 times today quite sentimental to me. Thank you Glen

Growing up my dad used to belt out Glen and I used to think, bloody [...] dad what's that racket. But as I grew older I came to realize that my old dad was right. Glen Campbell is was and will for ever be one of the great American singer song writers. Came up the hard way and learnt how to be the best by playing with the best. RIP big man.

I gotta learn how to play my bass again šö GS can do it

I'm 66 now, and think, they just don't make artists, music, and people like this anymore. Feel sorry for today's young people, they will never experience clean and beautiful performers such as Glen, it just makes me soooooooooooooo sad, anyone has a time machine to take me back to the 50's and 60's ???????????

He's just the prettiest thing I ever did see! :D

JUST WONDERFUL. A BLESSING TO HEAR HIS MUSIC. HE IS AWAY TO MEET HIS LORD AND SAVIOUR IN WHO HE BELIEVED. JESUS CHRIST.

❤️Glen Campbell & all his songs!!!!!❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

One of the biggest thrills I had back in my DJ days was sitting with Glen and his back up band in a coffee shop all night 'til 5:30 AM back in 1967. The night was full of stories, jokes and experiences. Glen had just started his uphill run to the headliner status that he would earn and was a joy to hang out with. Thank you Glen, God bless you and may His peace be with you.

Bought his record for a dollar at a record shop and it was the best dollar I've ever spent i play it almost every day

Godspeed, Glen

I don't care for the direction that country music is going, but that's ok, and I do understand why it has changed. The stars that I grew up listening to have pretty much all passed on. Someone had to 'fill their shoes'. A new era of artist is here and with them a new type of country music. The great era is over, but don't be sad...we had one [...] of a dance

You're not shackled by forgotten words and bonds anymore Glen. Fly high, thank you for everything you gave us. We will love you forever.

This (GC singing 'Gentle On My Mind') reminds me of my ex. Now married to someone else with a wonderful family: She is the best friend a man could have. Twenty odd years after we split she is a tower of strength to me.

Ah, Glen. Though the insidious ravages of dementia may have robbed us of your wonderful talent we who had the privilege of hearing and seeing your wonderful talent you will alway remain "gentle on my mind".

Your music and memorizing voice lives forever....

(M)emories wonderful.

(L)ord mercy..could this (GC singing 'Gentle') be more perfect? His voice is silky smooth. His guitar playing is brilliant. I remember very distinctively planting myself on our shag carpet with my nose practically to the screen watching Mr. Glen and The Goodtime hour. I didn't move a muscle as I would watch and listen to him sing these beautiful songs written by the Brilliant Jimmy Webb. It just could not get any better!

Glenn was a legend, and I love his music still today, and will till I die...

An original! He will never be duplicated.

One of the best songwriters and guitarists of all time. RIP!

Amazing talent the man is LEGEND

Awesome talent one of the greats

I grew up watchin' variety shows starring Glen Campbell, Sonny and Cher, Flip Wilson, Johnny Cash, and Carol Burnett. I feel sorry for the kids today and their stupid fckn reality shows. 

This man speaks music, no need f0r words.

I grew up with Glen Campbell and always liked him. But after watching I'll be me I realized the man is hugely talented. Hendrix. Townsend, Page, never had a thing on this guy.

What a wonderful song and a great artist. Don't blame me... I did not know him before I watched "I'll Be Me".

God, we miss this man back home in Arkansas so much....Glen, Johnny and Levon, may all 3 of you great men RIP....I will say one thing, the Good Lord is enjoying one great concert with these three men by HIS side....what a threesome for such a little state....my home, Arkansas.

dee2

Re: Remembering Glen Campbell - updated daily

Post by dee2 »

Glen Campbell_Surfdog Press Photo_Black and White_with signature guitar.jpg
Glen Campbell_Surfdog Press Photo_Black and White_with signature guitar.jpg (311.77 KiB) Viewed 24370 times