Re: Site News and Announcements

News, alerts and contact information

Re: Site News and Announcements - New

Postby Dee » Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:29 am

Dear Members, Would-be Members, and Readers of Glen Campbell Forums,

Periodically, there is unreliable, unsubstantiated, and potentially false information—as well as personal and thus private information--circulating on the Internet and also on social media platforms about the Campbell family and persons related to the Campbells. Sadly, this situation also affects many celebrities and other people in the eyes of the public. Glen Campbell Forums believes it is not appropriate to post this type of information on http://www.GlenCampbellForums.com, Glen Campbell Forums on Facebook, and Glen Campbell Forums on YouTube in keeping with our mission statement to celebrate the legacy of Glen Campbell. Furthermore, Glen Campbell Forums respects the privacy of the Campbells and their friends and associates as do other reputable organizations.

If you have any comments or questions about this matter, please feel free to contact me (or Jay/Michel aka Cowpoke) by PM (personal message) or email.

Thank you for taking time to read this announcement.

Dee (Zink)
Co-Administrator
Dee@GlenCampbellForums.com
Admin@GlenCampbellForums.com
New to Glen Campbell Forums? When you reach the bottom of this page, click on the next page number ------>
Dee
Site Admin

Re: Site News and Announcements -- Update!

Postby Dee » Sat Jan 02, 2016 12:59 pm

Glen Campbell Forums continues to expand, and therefore we are opening up a new Moderator position.
If you have been a member of these forums for a year, post regularly, and would like to learn more about this volunteer role, please contact me by private message.
Should you have other experience as a moderator of a music forum and are interested, please contact me, too.
Thank you,
Dee
New to Glen Campbell Forums? When you reach the bottom of this page, click on the next page number ------>
Dee
Site Admin

Re: Jr. Moderator Role Filled: Meet Mike Joyce!

Postby Mike Joyce » Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:58 pm

Great to have you back Cowpoke, I am still the novice working with the masters here. I hope you are well rested and your batteries are recharged.
Mike Joyce

Postby Cowpoke » Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:15 am

Hi Mike,
wow, while I was on a small vacation (well not really small...) you did an amazing job on the forum. So many interesting posts for me to catch up with. I can't thank you enough. A marvelous job and I am very happy to have you here with us as moderator. In fact, I might just go on another vacation right now while you are taking care of business... :)
I'm a carefree, range ridin', driftin' cowpoke...
Cowpoke

Postby Mike Joyce » Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:50 am

Thanks jay,
Glad to be of service for such a good cause.
Mike Joyce

Postby jay » Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:36 pm

Hey Mike...I really appreciate you helping out on the forum. I always enjoyed reading your posts on the old forum and look forward to your posts here. We do have a "shared love" for Glen and it is very cool that he has brought us all together. Thanks again for coming aboard!
jay
jay

Postby Mike Joyce » Sat Jul 18, 2015 2:14 pm

Thank You Dee, for that rousing introduction. ( I could hear the drum roll as you spoke) LOL.
Seriously though, it is a great honour to be involved in the forum in this way and I hope I can make a worthwhile contribution to this forums ongoing success. The Forum moderators are without doubt the most knowledgeable and enthusiastic fans of any forum I have ever seen. Over the years I have gained so much insight into Glen's Life and music and have enjoyed all the topics of discussion that have been raised on the forums. I think the best thing of all though, is the sense of a shared love of this great man and his music and the feeling of been part of a community that shares in a positive way with all its members. Long may it continue.
Mike
Mike Joyce

Jr. Moderator Role Filled: Meet Mike Joyce!

Postby Dee » Sat Jul 18, 2015 12:13 am

Meet Mike Joyce!

With Glen Campbell Forums and its other social media platforms growing (such as our YouTube channel), we had posted a Jr. Moderator role to join the volunteer forums staff.

We are Dee-lighted that Mike Joyce, a current forums member and an original member of our new forums test team, volunteered for this position!

Mike is a long-time Glen Campbell fan with a VAST amount of knowledge and passion for All Things Glen. He had been a 13-year member of the former GC forum that originated under Glen Campbell Enterprises and has contributed thousands of posts over the years, some serious, some funny (Mike has a great sense of humor which you have probably already noticed. If not, just ask him to share one of Glen's jokes or ask him about his other icon: Lt. Columbo.) :)

Mike lives in Birmingham, England where he, as a musician, has started his "world tour" at local venues performing beautiful covers of Glen Campbell and other artists' songs. He writes and performs some of his own original songs, too, and accompanies himself on his two treasured Ovation guitars.

Please give a shout-out to congratulate Mike in his new role.

Thank you for your support, Mike!

Dee, "Cowpoke", and Jay
Dee
Site Admin

Re: Site News and Announcements

Postby Dee » Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:19 am

Hi, members and readers,

A few of you have asked why some members' posts are dated earlier than the official opening date (fall 2014) of the NEW and IMPROVED Glen Campbell Forums.

Before re-opening the forums on a new platform, your co-admins (Jay, Cowpoke, and I) had copied and pasted posts from Glen's former, closed forum onto this new, open-to-the-public, technologically-advanced group of forums. We chose some posts that we thought were still relevant and of interest to fans such as the "I'll Be Me" posts. We retained the original posting dates and posters' names.

Moderator posts that had been deleted from the former forum by the moderator were saved and archived on a non-public platform.

Thank you for this great question!

Glen Campbell Forums On The Net
Dee
Site Admin

Open Jr. Moderator Position

Postby Dee » Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:40 am

Hello, thanks for taking the time to check out this volunteer job posting. Glen Campbell Forums is opening up a Jr. Moderator position for a member who can help to support the forums, admins, and members. The Jr. Moderator will receive extra perks like custom username colors, merchandise when available, etc.

A. What are the major responsibilities of a Jr. Forum Moderator?
1. Theme control
Create an open discussion atmosphere in the forums, trying best to post relevant articles in the appropriate threads, welcome new members, reply / find answers to users' questions and comments, and keep discussions lively and fun. It is the Jr. Moderator's responsibility to keep the forum style in terms of the board layout including topics and posts.
2. Keep forums clean
Monitor the forums for abusive and flaming posts, unauthorized spam or advertisements, copyright infringements, any sort of harassment, and any other violations of the forum rules, bringing any such issues to the attention of the Admins who will determine how to best handle any issues.
3. Increase forum popularity
Foster a sense of community, caring and responsiveness in the forums. This can be done easily by getting involved in discussions, responding to posts (especially open-ended posts to which no one else responds to), and offering your support. You do not have to reply to every post.
4. How to apply for a volunteer Jr. Moderator position?
If you are an active member of these forums with value-added posting history, please send us a message of interest to Admin@GlenCampbellForums.com.
If you are not currently an active member of these forums with value-added posting history, please send a letter of interest to Admin@GlenCampbellForums.com with your contact information, resume, and two references from other forum admins for whom you have worked.

Requirements of Jr. Moderator:
1. The Jr. Moderator should preferably be an active member of this community and have enough spare time for forum moderating, at least an hour daily to keep the forums in order and to help/reply to existing members and new members.
2. If an existing member of the forums is interested in applying for this position, the member should have already contributed value-added posts/comments. (If you are a new member of these forums, please don't hurry to increase your post/contribution count. Spamming will make you lose the chance of being a Jr. Moderator.)
3. The Jr. Moderator should firstly obey all the forums’ rules and always display a genuine, positive attitude.
4. Preference will be given to existing members who have contributed regularly to the forums. Outside applicants should have experience of moderating one or more other sites.
5. The Jr. Moderator understands that this position is not contractual and can be terminated at any time.

Thank you.

Your Admins
Admin@GlenCampbellForums.com
Dee
Site Admin

Next

Return to Site Announcements and How to Contact Us