Please check out Jack Harris’s heartfelt tribute song to Glen Campbell, The Farewell Blue Guitar, with Brent Mason on lead guitar!

Announcing Glen Campbell's Newest DVD/CD Releases

ESSENTIAL HISTORY THAT MAY SURPRISE YOU * NEW MUSIC RELEASES * BEST VIDEOS * LOST ALBUM?
arlw

Re: Glen Campbell's New DVD/CD Releases

Post by arlw » Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:18 am

Dee,

Getting The Astounding 12-String Guitar CD!!! Now, just need to pre-order Too Late to Worry - Too Blue to Cry CD!!!

arlw

Post by arlw » Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:14 pm

I cancelled it only because I didn't know when it would ever get in stock! They credited my account. I might get back into Amazon and just buy it....Funny and Sad at the same time that when an artist passes away, they come up with all "New" or vaulted pulled material. It's all about the $'s, unfortunately!

dee2

Post by dee2 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:29 am

Thanks for checking the links on the upcoming release, Ar. October is so far away!

BTW, I received a promising email confirmation message from amazon earlier this week: your order for The Astounding 12-String Guitar has been dispatched. Yay! Did you receive your CD yet?

Your info about the Australian label Greyscale explains the higher CD prices. Hopefully, the tracks were remastered. ;)

dee2

Post by dee2 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:28 am

Thanks for checking the links on the upcoming release, Ar. October is so far away!

BTW, I received a promising email confirmation message from amazon earlier this week: your order for The Astounding 12-String Guitar has been dispatched. Yay! Did you receive your CD yet?

Your info about the Australian label Greyscale explains the higher CD prices. Hopefully, the tracks were remastered. ;)

dee2

Post by dee2 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:13 am

Cowpoke's dream for new recordings came true after two years!
Thanks for the names of the songs.
I propose that "Clambake" is the demo Glen mentioned in conversation many years ago, except he referred to the song as "Do the Crab".
Seriously.

The album cover is from the same photo shoot as this one:

Glen Campbell_Acoustic Guitar_Nov2017_Front Cover-sm-gcf.jpg
Glen Campbell_Acoustic Guitar_Nov2017_Front Cover-sm-gcf.jpg (28.83 KiB) Viewed 646 times

arlw

Post by arlw » Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:13 pm

Dee,

This CD now appears in the link provided--thank you. They must have loaded it up. Amazon doesn't show this in the US, but if you go to the UK, Amazon does list this!!

Cowpoke

Post by Cowpoke » Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:50 am

Unbelievable. This is what I was hoping for. The tracks mentioned on the front cover are:

We Call On Him
Easy Come Easy Go
Spin Out
Stay away Joe
Clambake
All I Needed Was The Rain
I'll Be Back
Cross My Heart

Now what is the connection between all these songs? Yep, it's.... The King!

I'm a carefree, range ridin', driftin' cowpoke...

dee2

Post by dee2 » Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:49 am

Hi Ar,

This CD release on Capitol could be interesting. You had discovered and posted the amazon link for it in April or May. It showed up in a news feed yesterday, listed on a Canadian online record store at: https://shop.musicvaultz.com/ (scroll down a bit)

The pre-order link for this CD doesn't work. Will check it again in a day or so. Amazon is still showing an October release date. Love this early studio session photo!

Glen Campbell Sings For The King-Canadian Pre-order-sm.jpg
Glen Campbell Sings For The King-Canadian Pre-order-sm.jpg (27.94 KiB) Viewed 652 times
Glen Campbell Sings For The King-Canadian Pre-order.jpg
Glen Campbell Sings For The King-Canadian Pre-order.jpg (68.92 KiB) Viewed 652 times

arlw

Post by arlw » Wed May 30, 2018 2:55 pm

Dee,
It appears in my research that "Greyscale is an Australian Based Company!" Here is another link for you and others.

https://www.cduniverse.com/productinfo.asp?pid=11350964

Prices will vary depending on the place you pre-order it from, but if the price goes down, that's what you pay. Once the CD is released, you will most likely pay the "higher" price! Best thing is to lock it in....

dee2

Post by dee2 » Tue May 29, 2018 9:21 pm

Thank you, Ar! I am on it!

Those pre-order prices are ... "astounding"!! I will still place my orders; usually the pre-order prices are higher than the actual prices. (Watch, I will be wrong about these two CDs.) It will be a joy to have both of these albums on CDs.

Both CDs are being released on the Greyscale label. Is Greyscale an Australian record company? If so, then this could explain why the U.K. is stocking these albums first (or has exclusive stock)? If these albums are being imported to the U.S. and U.K. from Australia, then the prices may not decrease when the albums are released?

What GC studio/live albums are yet to be released on CD (and perhaps digital also)? Any others?

Thanks again for the shopping tips, Ar.

Dee