Welcome to Glen Campbell Forums On The Net
(c) 2014-2020 GLEN CAMPBELL FORUMS. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

Announcing Glen Campbell's Newest DVD/CD Releases

ESSENTIAL HISTORY THAT MAY SURPRISE YOU * NEW MUSIC RELEASES * BEST VIDEOS * BREAKING NEWS
arlw

Re: Announcing Glen Campbell's Newest DVD/CD Releases

Post by arlw » Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:23 pm

Just listened to this CD Dee....This is one of Glen's shortest recorded LP's/CD!!! It is NOT REMASTERED. The CD has some scratch type noises in between the tracks and a faint noise within the recording itself. All signs lead to the original recording.

For those that ordered this, the track that Amazon lists of "Greensleeves" is incorrect. The one listed on this CD from England which is "Green, Green" is correct. I also did a search on MY LP's from all over the world and there are quite a few, from the UK, New Zealand, Australia, and about 20 other places--they ALL SHOW "Green, Green" as one of the recorded tracks, so this one from England has the correct information. Sure hope this helps! :D

arlw

Post by arlw » Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:13 pm

I haven't had time to listen to the CD yet to answer the question of being re-mastered or not, but in answer to the other question Dee, "Green, Green" was a hit song in 1963 for The New Christy Minstrels. Timeline seems correct...

dee2

Post by dee2 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:14 pm

Hi Ar!

Thank you -- I will add "Made in England" to Greyscale in my tracking, too. Curious!

"Green, Green" it is. The LP and CD match up.
Wasn't this song a hit for The New Christy Minstrels?

Can you tell if this CD was remastered?
I can't "hear" it, if it was remastered, by listening to the CD with computer speakers. Will try later using the stereo system.
Also, I may be hearing the tiniest bit of spinning-vinyl surface noise between tracks! ??
The drums on La Bamba are very distinct.

Dee

arlw

Post by arlw » Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:02 pm

When I keyed this into my collection , it is as the England release shows--"Green, Green"!!

arlw

Post by arlw » Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:01 pm

Just a notation on "The Astounding 12-String Guitar CD" This is an imported CD from England. Dee, I have the same one as you! Didn't know if anyone saw this or not--On the tracks on the back they list, "Green, Green"!!! What I have on my LP's are this:

1. Lonesome Twelve
2. Puff the Magic Dragon
3. The Ballad of Jed Clampett
4. Blowin' in the Wind
5. 500 Miles Away from Home
6. Walkin' Down the Line
7. 12 String Special
8. Greensleeves
9. Wimoweh (The Lion Sleeps Tonight)
10. Bull Durham
11. La-Bamba
12. This Land Is Your Land

Everything else is the same---I haven't played my copy yet either, but curious to see how many others took note to this track!

arlw

Re: Glen Campbell's New DVD/CD Releases

Post by arlw » Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:29 pm

Great pictures Dee,

Thank you for the very kind words and you are most welcome for the info. I re-ordered this CD as well so I will receive my copy soon.

Just so you and others are aware. The Glen Campbell CD that I ordered "Too Late To Worry - Too Blue To Cry"
Estimated arrival date: June 28, 2018 - June 29, 2018.....Glad this is getting released with no hassle!!!

Have a wonderful weekend HAPPY FATHER'S DAY to all the Dad's out there...

dee2

Post by dee2 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:20 pm

Yay! The 12th of Never arrived today after a long, long time. "The Ballad of Jed Clampett" makes its official return on the new CD reissue of 'The Astounding 12-String Guitar of Glen Campbell' album complete with ALL 12 original tracks. Greyscale's production is high up on the scale of high quality reissues, too. (Although, admittedly, I haven't listened to the CD yet; ha! There is no notation in the insert about remastering.) Photos and comments below. :D

The CD's reproduction of the original album art is well done. The jewel case insert (not a separate booklet) includes the original liner notes that were printed on the LP's back cover. Although it would have been politically correct to have changed one of the words in the notes, Greyscale chose authenticity and kept the original language.

The border seen through the left side of the jewel case is new artwork with part of a guitar's fret board and perhaps part of the body of a guitar. This artwork is also used inside the jewel case behind the CD "bed".
IMG_2058b co zink.jpg
IMG_2058b co zink.jpg (133.66 KiB) Viewed 203 times

The smokin' GC photo (literally, Glen smoking a "cig") that was on the back cover of the vinyl album's jacket is also on the back of the CD insert. Greyscale again went for an exact reproduction by using the same pic (with a light brown tint).
IMG_2060b.jpg
IMG_2060b.jpg (132.53 KiB) Viewed 203 times

Last but not least, the disc is a PICTURE DISC:

IMG_2062bzink.jpg
IMG_2062bzink.jpg (122.66 KiB) Viewed 203 times

D. Zink c. 2018 All Rights Reserved. Photos may not be used without permission of this board. Neither Glen Campbell Forums nor myself benefited in any way by this little "review". Comments are imo only. :) We fans would enjoy reading your thoughts about this new CD reissue.

dee2

Post by dee2 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:06 pm

Nothing escapes the eyes of a Glen Campbell collector with 44 years of experience! (especially a collector who had brought a few things to Glen's attention that he didn't know) Thank you, Ar. (I had been a click away from ordering The best of GC DVD earlier this week, then decided to post about it first. :) )

See the next new post, Ar....I posted a few astounding pictures for you and other members to enjoy.

Dee

arlw

Post by arlw » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:06 pm

Dee,

I have been looking at this DVD also....I would speculate that it IS a Bootlegged Product-mentions in certain areas AUS/NTR0.
There is a number that should match up on the back and this one does not! Also, with the cheap prices verses the costly ones, they are a dead give-away...Kind of like buying the LP's on HUA-SUN, FIRST RECORDS, and other Asian Releases. There are a lot of DVD's that ARE ok but the ones that blacken out other material to read, I wouldn't take a chance!! If they mention PAL related, unless you have a player that does BOTH, it will not play. The majority of material on this DVD ARE from U-tube and other videos, combined. A reminder-----Just because it is SEALED, it doesn't mean it's BRAND NEW! Anyone these days can put Glen's picture on it and seal it up....Hope this helps you and others. Trust me in almost 44 years of collecting, this is 1 I will NOT purchase....

dee2

Post by dee2 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:21 pm

I have been seeing a DVD "Best of GC" listed on ebay (expensive!) and amazon (not so expensive!) sites. It seems to be an import from Australia, looks like a bootleg and yet it was apparently released by Goldenlane Records in 2017, and again in 2018, same label that released the nice picture disc (LP) last year. It appears to me that the performances may be ones up on youtube.

The DVD seems odd to me because:
--it appears not to be an official release and yet it is using an official GC press image on its front cover
--the "fine print" on the bottom of the case's back cover is blurred in the listing's picture
--Goldenlane Records is listed but so is "Possum"
--it is listed as NTSC by amazon, however, the back of the case reads Format: PAL and Regions: All Regions

I am suspicious, too, because I have seen bootlegged DVDs on the internet that have been packaged to look authentic--and yet the videos are clearly copied (no new performances) from other previously released official DVDs and / or appear to be performances already on youtube (some television performances).

Has anyone purchased this DVD and, if so, could you share with us what you think about its video and audio quality? If it is a scam, we would sure like to caution all the fans who come here to read updates about new CDs/DVDs. Thanks!

Best of GC front.jpg
Best of GC front.jpg (316.98 KiB) Viewed 234 times
Best of GC back.jpg
Best of GC back.jpg (433.99 KiB) Viewed 234 times