Welcome to Glen Campbell Forums
Glen's time in Lindrith New Mexico (1951-1952)

Re: I'll Be Me - CNN Broadcast

REMEMBERING GLEN CAMPBELL - GLEN CAMPBELL WITH CARS - GLEN CAMPBELL MUSEUM
shelia6673

Post by shelia6673 »

Hey Everybody,

Just have to say I saw scenes in the telacast last night I don't remember from the movie theater even though I know it was the same doc. Guess I
was so wrapped up in it the first time I didn't much but Glen. Yes the ending of the 1st showing last night was different as in the theatre it was The
Band Perry singing Gentle on my Mind and last night it was the Mayo Clinic dr talking. Was really looking forward to that song as they do it very
well. Anyway got mine tapped but will probably ask for the DVD for Christmas just to be sure.

Take Care
Shelia T

Dee

Post by Dee »

Cable News Ratings
Premiere of 'Glen Campbell...I'll be Me' is Most Watched CNN Films Broadcast in History of Franchise

TVbythenumbers.zap
June 29, 2015
Among the now 20 films within the CNN Films franchise, GLEN CAMPBELL…I’LL BE ME was the highest-rated in both adults 25 to 54 and total viewers, and the second highest-rated among adults 18 to 34 (after CNN Films Blackfish).
Read more at: http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2015/0 ... se/424125/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

and

‘Glen Campbell…I’ll Be Me’ Sets CNN Films Ratings Record
Deadline.com
June 29, 2015
CNN’s Glen Campbell…I’ll Be Me took over as the most-watched CNN Films broadcast in the franchise’s history, clocking 2.76 million viewers in its Sunday 9 PM ET premiere. The docu, about Campbell’s life, music legacy and battle with Alzheimer’s disease, trounced its cable news competitors in overall audience and also finished first in the news demo, viewers 25-54, with 510,000 viewers.
See: http://deadline.com/2015/06/glenn-campb ... 201462452/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

arlw

Re: I'll Be Me - CNN Broadcast - BIG NEWS!

Post by arlw »

Just found the answer to my own question and will pass it onto you all. I got onto "Rolling Stone Music" website and the last paragraph sums it all up as to why they aired 2 shows back to back. "GLEN CAMPBELL: I'LL BE ME" Premieres Sunday, June 28th on CNN and will be presented with limited commercial interruptions. It goes on to also say that " AN ENCORE OF THE FILM WILL FOLLOW"--That was the second program--same amount of time but a different take. Here is the link.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/ ... h-20150626" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

arlw

Post by arlw »

I saw most of the first part of I'll Be Me and because it was on again I recorded it twice...Back to back..Have a question. Was the second program a different take of the Documentary? I ask this only because when I shut off the recorded device, I turned on the TV to make sure it was over and the ending was not the same as the first show? That is the reason for asking. Very powerful show and meaningful for all to be aware of this horrible disease. We too have had family members with this problem. One lived to be 90 and another about 82, 83... We also had a very dear friend who had this and she lasted to 103! Medicine today is lot better than years ago. Keep the Faith.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Thanks Linda. We're happy to hear the documentary meant so much to you. It's like Glen's story is in a way the story of everyone who is dealing with this disease.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Thanks for your post ryouajw2. Hopefully this documentary will open a lot of people's eyes to how devastating this disease is, for the patient and for the caregivers. All the best to you and your family.

Linda

Post by Linda »

This show. . . it meant alot to me. I remember my Mom. . . she went through this whole process. I was her caregiver. I wish Mr. Campbell and his family well. Thank you, Linda

ryouajw2

Post by ryouajw2 »

We watched this, even though I was concerned about my mom's reaction. She is stage 6/7 dementia. She didn't connect the dots. My husband and I quietly cried through most of it. For family and friends who don't live with this disease on a 24/7 basis, it will be very eye-opening. This brave documentary will give everyone who watches a visual accurate understanding of an Alzheimer's patient and caregiver daily journey. It was like watching a documentary of mom's life, although without the music. Don't miss it, if you can help it. You never know, when a loved one of yours , or even you, may be faced with this devastating disease.

arlw

Post by arlw »

LOVED THE SHOW! Absolutely the best movie/documentary I have ever seen. Down to earth with many stars sharing their thoughts as well. So many people are affected by this terrible disease. We have it on both sides as well and it's not a pretty tning to see or live wth. I think Kim did everything possible and the kids as well to help Glen through good times/not so good times! The main thing is they all stuck together and Kudos to the entire Campbell family for allowing them to film this so others can see what it really is and what it does to families. God Bless Them all. Main thing is Glen is still in great health!

arlw

Post by arlw »

I'll Be Me is now on. CNN wrapped it up..... Enjoy everyone.