Welcome to Glen Campbell Forums
Glen's time in Lindrith New Mexico (1951-1952)

Galveston Video, 2001

REMEMBERING GLEN CAMPBELL - GLEN CAMPBELL WITH CARS - GLEN CAMPBELL MUSEUM
Mike Joyce

Re: Galveston Video 2001

Post by Mike Joyce »

Hi Dave,
Yes you are right that is a great video of Glen. It was the last full concert video recorded of Glen as far as I am aware. I have always loved the full orchestra concerts Glen did. Check out his 1977 recordings with the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra in London. I have seen Glen many times over the years in the UK but I only ever saw him live with an Orchestra once. As you may know there are many clips of Glen backed with an orchestra on various shows on Youtube, so I guess that helps give a flavour of how good these performances were in real life.
Anyway Dave, its good to have you as a new member to the Glen Campbell Forums and I hope we hear from you often in the various topic discussions.
Best wishes,
Mike

Randy

Re: Galveston video, 2001.

Post by Randy »

Always great to welcome a Glen Campbell fan to the forum Dave. Welcome and I couldn't agree more , that Galveston video at the Sioux Falls concert is awesome, with a great guitar solo.

Dave

Galveston Video, 2001

Post by Dave »

Hello, new on the forum. Always have been a Glen fan but never saw him live. Saw a video recently of him in Sioux Falls, South Dakota in 2001 performing "Galveston" and it was awesome! The vocals, guitar playing, the orchestra and band, everything. Sure wish I could have seen it live. All the best to Glen and his family.