Welcome to Glen Campbell Forums
Glen's time in Lindrith New Mexico (1951-1952)

Check Out This Link - Glen Campbell News on the Web

REMEMBERING GLEN CAMPBELL - GLEN CAMPBELL WITH CARS - GLEN CAMPBELL MUSEUM
Randy

Re: Check Out This Link

Post by Randy »

Great piece of art and glad Ar got it. Outstanding gift.

And to accent Glen as one of the best country artists,( Dee's nice post) I ran across this from 2015 placing Glen as one of the best session guitarist of all time.

http://www.guitarworld.com/features-new ... e/%0911951" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Dee

Post by Dee »

Rhinestone Cowboy Art

Posting this write-up and the photos by special request from Ar and with the kind permission of the artist, Tonia Sellers of Franklin, Tennessee.

Ar wrote to Glen Campbell Forums:
My daughter and son-in-law were in Tennessee 2 weeks ago and came across this item of which they bought for me. This is a one of kind and the ONLY GLEN ITEM SHE EVER DID!! This is what Tonia wrote when I thanked her personally: btw, the wood plaque is slightly larger than a 5 by 7 piece. The wood thickness that she works with is almost 1 inch thick. Check out her site-many stars!! Enjoy! http://www.cleverclogsart.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Tonia Sellers' reply to Ar's thank you note:
Hello Ar- and thank you so much for reaching out to let me know you love my art. I’m thrilled to know this little plaque made its way to the right home! My art is truly unique and each piece is made with love and respect in mind. I watched the documentary for Glen last year and just had to do a little piece in honor. One of the first 45rpm records I ever owned was “Southern Nights” … I was around 12 years old … always loved his music!

I don’t mind at all if you take a photo and share, and thank you for asking. I would never want to offend his family or any other artist as they might think I’m making money off of them / or their name … but I have never ran into that problem so far, I don’t do mass productions of any sort, everything is one of a kind and THAT one piece that you have is the only Glen Campbell piece I’ve ever done …it made me happy to create it, I hope it brings you many smiles.

Thanks again, and yes, feel free to share my info anytime, it is greatly appreciated.

All best,
Tonia
[Please click once on each image below to enlarge viewing window.]
Copyrighted_Arlw_3_Clever Clogs Art_Rhinestone Cowboy_by Tonia Sellers_c. 2016.jpg
Copyrighted_Arlw_3_Clever Clogs Art_Rhinestone Cowboy_by Tonia Sellers_c. 2016.jpg (331.44 KiB) Viewed 5800 times
Copyrighted_from Arlw_1.jpg
Copyrighted_from Arlw_1.jpg (199.83 KiB) Viewed 5800 times
Copyrighted_from Arlw_2.jpg
Copyrighted_from Arlw_2.jpg (82.19 KiB) Viewed 5800 times
♥ Thank you for sharing this lovely piece and the artist's story with us, Ar! ♥

Dee

Dee

Post by Dee »

Title Credit_Billboard.jpg
Title Credit_Billboard.jpg (8.33 KiB) Viewed 5580 times
Glen Campbell_stock.jpg
Glen Campbell_stock.jpg (47.85 KiB) Viewed 5580 times
Billboard has recognized Glen Campbell as one of the best country artists!
Check out the complete list of artists on Billboard's site here: http://www.billboard.com/charts/greates ... ry-artists" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
:arrow: When you are on the Billboard web page, click on "How it Works" to learn how artists qualified for this recognition.

Dee

Post by Dee »

Good eye, Mike.
I haven't been able to find out much info on "Galveston", the film, other than the plot based on the book and there had been high hopes in Texas for the filming to be done on location in Galveston, the city. Didn't seem to have happened.
BTW, the poster looks a bit "seedy" to me like that of a B movie, low budget, commercial.
However, based on the screenwriter, the director, and the lead actor identified on the poster, this film is a high pedigree one.
Matthias Schoenaerts had a role in last year's outstanding "The Danish Girl" as well as the beautiful to watch but melodramatic "Far From the Maddening Crowd". I also remember seeing him in "Rust and Bone" with Marion Cotillard (sp?). He seems to choose his film roles carefully. You may know Nic Pizzolatto's name from the HBO hit series. "True Detective". Haven't watched this series yet, but it's on my rental / streaming list.
It's fun to think about the song being in the film. Cowpoke, you'll have to let us know!

Dee

Post by Dee »

Taste of Country Names Best Guitarists in Country Music!

:arrow: Read the article here: http://tasteofcountry.com/best-guitaris ... allery-1=5" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2016-07-15_Taste of Country-5.jpg
2016-07-15_Taste of Country-5.jpg (117.75 KiB) Viewed 5563 times

Dee

Post by Dee »

La-La Land Summer Print Sale

Posted with permission of La-La Land!

Many of you may know artist Kii Aren's videography work from his co-direction of three official Glen Campbell videos: "Ghost On The Canvas" (2011), "A Better Place" (2012), and "Hey Little One" (2013).
Kii also specializes in creating concert prints as well as other visual artworks and had created two beautiful Glen Campbell prints, one in 2011 and one in 2012 for a Goodbye Tour concert held at the Hollywood Bowl on June 24, 2012.

I thought fans may be interested in seeing these Campbell prints online. Also, based on Kii' close association with Glen, I am happy to pass along his website info as well as a 40% off discount code that popped into my personal email inbox today, if you might be interested in picking up a print. Both prints are still in stock from Kii Aren's company, La-La Land based out of Hollywood, California.

First, if you would like to read Kii Aren's bio, have a look here on his company's website: http://lalalandprints.com/about/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Two of his music videos for Glen are also linked to the site.

Peeks at the prints:
Hollywood Bowl 2012_by Kii Arens-gcf.jpg
Hollywood Bowl 2012_by Kii Arens-gcf.jpg (42.96 KiB) Viewed 5477 times
Club Nokia 2011_by Kii Arens-gcf.jpg
Club Nokia 2011_by Kii Arens-gcf.jpg (85.71 KiB) Viewed 5477 times

If you should be interested in purchasing one or more of the prints, you must use the following discount code at checkout, good for one week only:
La-La Land Prints_Summer Discount_gcf.jpg
La-La Land Prints_Summer Discount_gcf.jpg (31.02 KiB) Viewed 5477 times
The website's direct link for the Campbell prints is: http://lalalandprints.com/?s=glen+campb ... 6868614140" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

(Dee's Disclaimer: Glen Campbell Forums does not benefit in any way by the promotion of these artworks. I can only vouch for the print I personally purchased--the Hollywood Bowl print--at least two years ago for my GC collection. If I remember correctly, in tiny font on the edge of the print is a copyright disclaimer that Glen Campbell Enterprises provided the photographs used in the montage print; all were apparently authorized for making the concert prints you see above and on Kii' site.)

Okay, now back to our regular programming, :), comparing the "Galveston" album cover art posted by Mike below with the film poster also posted below by Cowpoke!

Mike Joyce

Post by Mike Joyce »

Hi Cowpoke,
I think it's interesting how the poster is similar to glen's Galveston album cover. Perhaps the director is a fan and liked the cover.
Galveston album cover.jpg
Galveston album cover.jpg (6 KiB) Viewed 5440 times

Cowpoke

Post by Cowpoke »

Has anyone seen this 2016 movie yet?

http://www.filmaffinity.com/en/film773069.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I wonder if the song is also featured in this movie.

I'm a carefree, range ridin', driftin' cowpoke...
jay

Post by jay »

Glen put Galveston on the map. Oh...and they had a couple of serious hurricanes in their history, that almost took them off the map...
I think it is fitting that he did a concert in Galveston during the Goodbye Tour. Kind of completed the circle.

Mike Joyce

Post by Mike Joyce »

Hi Dee,
I would think if someone said the word Galveston, to most people my age the response would be a rendition of "Galveston oh Galveston" in all its various keys and styles, in tune and out of tune, because that song is probably the only thing that people know about the place. Beyond that, many would not know where it is on the map. Probably a lot of Americans too. J.D. Richards's song is very much a heart felt song about a place that he loves as his home. Having been born there worked there and at some point will die there, he is saying to the listener this is a real place where real people live, not just a title of some song glen Campbell sang decades ago. As good as the song is, the reality of the place is also so very much important to me and my life. To mention Glen is as you say Dee, is a nod to the man himself and a respectful acknowledgement of that great track.