Welcome to Glen Campbell Forums
Glen's time in Lindrith New Mexico (1951-1952)

Re: See You There

REMEMBERING GLEN CAMPBELL - GLEN CAMPBELL WITH CARS - GLEN CAMPBELL MUSEUM
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Posted on Thursday, September 05, 2013 - 07:55 am:

Audio review of SYT. Starts at about 17:30 minutes into the program.

http://www.worldmag.com/podcast/worldan ... 3Sep05.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

-Cowpoke

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Posted on Thursday, September 05, 2013 - 07:12 am:

Great to see you back Randy. You have been missed!

-Cowpoke

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Posted on Wednesday, September 04, 2013 - 05:56 pm:

Hearing test scene: Glen Campbell - See You There

Glen Campbell's story is already close to me. Anyone who reads my blog for some time, perhaps the Rezi to " Ghost on the Canvas "still remembered. Now there's a best of, the country has recorded the American bard. "See you there" is really good. Today in the weekend supplement of the Swabian newspaper is a review of mine appeared so. Simply click on the picture, then you can read the article.
This is the translation. from the article I can't do anything about the main article he refers to though.

-Mike

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Posted on Wednesday, September 04, 2013 - 05:11 pm:

And for those that can read German, See You There was also reviewed in Die Schwabische Zeitung.
I can read it. I just don't know what it means.

-Randy Moore

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Posted on Wednesday, September 04, 2013 - 05:10 pm:

Does anyone know any other stores that sell See You There besides Walmart and Target? I tried both stores, although I have one more store of each to try. If not, I'll just go back to Music Millenium and pay $13.00 cause they have it. While I was at Music Millenium a couple of weeks back, I also picked up some other Glen CDs that I never knew existed. Will post them later. Thanx for any help.

-Liljan

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Posted on Wednesday, September 04, 2013 - 10:00 am:

And for those that can read German, See You There was also reviewed in Die Schwabische Zeitung.

http://www.tinnitusattacks.com/2013/08/ ... e-you.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

(Click on the image to enlarge it)

-Cowpoke

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Posted on Wednesday, September 04, 2013 - 08:04 am:

Part 3 of my review of See You There...

7. Galveston
I know it may sound strange to some, but I think this is the most glorious version of Galveston I ever heard. With this spare arrangement it again becomes so clear: what a brilliant song Galveston is. A chord progression and a melody from heaven. Glen’s vocals are some of the strongest of this album. And I love the arrangement with the reversal of the rhythm at the start. Someone told me it's a polka beat. Well, in that case, I guess I love polka! The guitar solo is restrained and cool and I love how it is picked up by the dobro solo and the accordion in the fade out. I can’t think of anything I don’t love about this version.
10 out of 10

8. Phoenix
As with Galveston, this spare arrangement makes very clear what a great song this is. A masterclass in melody and chord progression. I really dig the arrangement and during the third verse, with the tambourine and the hammond organ and Glen belting out the tune, and knowing Jimmy wrote this while he was still a Tamla employee, I thought: this is soul music.
8 out of 10

9. There’s No Me…Without You
I still prefer the "Ghost" version of this song, but it certainly has grown on me. What I love about it, is that it’s mostly Glen and his guitar. It fits in with the rest of the album and contributes to a good balance between classic and lesser known songs. Glen’s singing again is very good and I like the fact they choose a different vocal track (or at least parts of it) than the one they used on Ghost. I like to think it’s Glen playing the acoustic guitar outro. It’s as if Glen is just playing away, finding out some different ways to play the chords, almost analyzing the chord structure. It’s unassuming, yet that’s exactly the charm of it. Sounds a little like Glen mimicking Willie Nelson (only better).
8 out of 10

After this song however, things take a turn for the worse... read it in part 4!

-Cowpoke

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Posted on Tuesday, September 03, 2013 - 06:13 pm:

New review, worth a read.

http://blog.gactv.com/blog/2013/09/03/g ... see-you-th" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ere/

And "Glen Campbell tops the Country Albums for the third week in a row with See You Soon." LOL!

Read more: http://www.vintagevinylnews.com/2013/09 ... z2dr3zB8fZ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

-Cowpoke

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Posted on Tuesday, September 03, 2013 - 07:08 am:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/33185254@N06/9631322275" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Picture of the inside of the vinyl album.

-Cowpoke

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Posted on Sunday, September 01, 2013 - 02:14 pm:

Nice article Cowpoke. I have always loved Glen's class by the time I get to Memphis. If Jimmy thought Glen took liberties with the lyrics I am sure this would not amuse him.

-Mike Joyce