Welcome to Glen Campbell Forums

Lost Glen Campbell Album 'Sings For The King' Released

ESSENTIAL HISTORY THAT MAY SURPRISE YOU * NEW MUSIC RELEASES * BEST VIDEOS * LOST ALBUM?

jay

Re: Lost Glen Campbell Album 'Sings For The King' Released

Post by jay » Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:36 pm

arlw,

Welcome to the new age. Convenience and buying online has a lot to offer. And you are experiencing the epitome of all the negatives associated with it. No customer service...just a canned remark. No culpability. Nobody on the line. Truly appears like they ran the business as the customers funded them, then the order was made.
I don't know.
What I do know is that it is frustrating...right? You just feel helpless.
Hopefully, it will all pan out for you.

arlw

Post by arlw » Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:28 pm

Cowpoke,

Great question on the GC Bundle! So many times I contacted them and many replies but no real answer yet. The latest reply I got was this as I told them I will give them the 2-3 weeks. Also, there is no phone number so it's all done through email. Many times I mentioned to them that UMe as a company is awful the way they treat not just us the fans, but everyone!! Their so called reply:

Thank you for this feedback. This has been noted and will be promptly reviewed by our staff.

If you haven't received your order within the 2-3 week time-frame, please contact us again and we will assist you further.

Feel free to contact us with any additional questions or concerns!

Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Ar

Cowpoke

Post by Cowpoke » Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:34 am

Hi Arlw, that is really terrible! I wish there was something that we could do. Haven't they given you any new date on which you can expect the complete bundle?

I'm a carefree, range ridin', driftin' cowpoke...

arlw

Post by arlw » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:42 pm

Believe it or not: I am still waiting for those "Bundled Trio of Glen Campbell Items to Arrive" They have provided a way to contact them, but it appears to be like a roller coaster/loop as you get an automated reply. I have emailed the official glen site at least 10 times and to be honest-I don't think they care--BUT THEY ALREADY SPENT MY CASH!!! We will see in the next 2 weeks how this will play out. Glen didn't treat his fans this way, and being that they are selling something from the "VAULT", this should have been top priority, especially the pre-ordered material. Have no CD/or any LP's!!! Might have to go to Wal-Mart!

arlw

Post by arlw » Sat Nov 24, 2018 3:33 pm

Wrote to the official Glen Campbell Site about my order several times and got nowhere. My brother from Florida called to see how I liked the CD as he got his copy from Amazon! The record company that I looked up-- UMe--it showed on some released records that a December 7th release was the latest!! Go figure on a Pre-Order yet!! The CD had the right release date, but because this was the Limited Edition with all the goodies to go with it, I guess they needed more time!!

Cowpoke

Post by Cowpoke » Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:22 pm

I hope you will get the album soon Arlw. I am sure you will find it a very interesting release. It's also a tribute to Glen's work as a top studio musician!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

PS: Really nice write-up about the new album on udiscovermusic.com:

https://www.udiscovermusic.com/stories/ ... s-presley/

I'm a carefree, range ridin', driftin' cowpoke...

arlw

Post by arlw » Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:19 pm

MikeM,
Welcome back!! Some of us old school people are still around! arlw here!! Yea, Jim Barber and Ken Skaggs ran this website--those were the days. Also, I remember Ken kept deleting my posts!! I met him in Fort Worth while watching Glen/Beach Boys/BJ Thomas--all in 1 concert!! Told Ken to keep my material and he had no idea that arlw was me until we met---that was the last time I saw Glen! I think Hair checks in from time to time.

Michelle and Hyde run another website--but this one is also great. We have wonderful people here and Michel, Jay and Dee and others keep us in check. Welcome back...

MikeM12

Post by MikeM12 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:29 pm

Hi Randy, must be a different MikeM. I'm from the old school days when Jim Barber & Ken Skaggs, ran the site. Had to use this Id, being my original is in use by another. Been gone for a while, but I'm back. Hope some of the other old timers Hair, Michelle & Hyde are nearby. Have a great life.