Welcome to Glen Campbell Forums
Glen's time in Lindrith New Mexico (1951-1952)

Glen Campbell Legacy Series show at the Ryman

REMEMBERING GLEN CAMPBELL - GLEN CAMPBELL WITH CARS - GLEN CAMPBELL MUSEUM
jay

Glen Campbell Legacy Series show at the Ryman

Post by jay »

ryman.jpg
ryman.jpg (288.19 KiB) Viewed 12129 times

When Studio Tenn’s beloved Legacy Series returns to the Ryman Auditorium this June 30 and July 1, they are bringing a star-studded array of GRAMMY® Award winners, Campbell family members and Studio Tenn favorites along with them to honor the Rhinestone Cowboy himself, Glen Campbell.

One of the summer’s most anticipated shows, The Glen Campbell Legacy: A Tribute to the Rhinestone Cowboy, will feature GRAMMY Award-winning artists Steven Curtis Chapman and Carl Jackson, along with Glen Campbell’s daughter, singer/songwriter Ashley Campbell, to headline the show.

Studio Tenn Artistic Director, Matt Logan, commented on the return of the Studio Tenn Legacy Series and its unrivaled cast. “We have been wanting to honor Glen Campbell through our Legacy Series for years now,” said Logan. “He is a musician whose influence has reached many of the great artists of today, much like Steven Curtis Chapman, who is joining us for the tribute. Artists like Steven bring such a personal, inspiring level to the show that only close family and friends can provide that celebrates Glen’s legacy, influence and artistry.”

Chapman has won five GRAMMY Awards for Best Pop/Contemporary Gospel Album and is celebrated as Gospel Music’s most awarded artist with 58 GMA Dove Awards.

Carl Jackson, who played as the lead banjo and guitarist for Campbell for 12 years of his career, also holds the title of GRAMMY winner for Best Bluegrass Album in 1991 and Best Country Album in 2003.Jackson mentioned his excitement to join the production as not only the musical director and arranger for the show, but lead guitarist as well. “When Matt Logan approached me about getting involved with the show, I knew I couldn’t pass it up. The Campbells have always been family to me and I knew I wanted to help honor and pay tribute to the great artist, musician, vocalist, entertainer, and person Glen was.”

Jackson also commented on having the Campbell family join the lineup for the concert. “I feel so blessed to have Ashley, Cal and Shannon joining me for this tribute and Matt’s history with them made it the perfect addition to the show. Being able to continue Glen’s legacy with his family by my side is a huge honor.”

The cast will feature the Rhinestone Cowboy’s sons Cal and Shannon Campbell, with a special guest appearance by Dillon Campbell, as well as the best of Nashville talent such as Val Storey, Carrie Tillis and Patrick Thomas.

The two-night musical tribute offers audiences a fresh perspective on music and artistry while celebrating a cultural icon whose powerful voice, songwriting and personality have won the hearts of rock and roll and country music fans for decades.

The Glen Campbell Legacy: A Tribute to the Rhinestone Cowboy takes the stage June 30 and July 1.

Tickets are available at ryman.com or by calling (615) 889-3060. For more information, please visit studiotenn.com or call (615) 541-8200.
Attachments
ryman.jpg
ryman.jpg (288.19 KiB) Viewed 12130 times