Welcome to Glen Campbell Forums
Glen's time in Lindrith New Mexico (1951-1952)

New Album Release for Glen - Live From the Troubadour (2008)

REMEMBERING GLEN CAMPBELL - GLEN CAMPBELL WITH CARS - GLEN CAMPBELL MUSEUM
Cowpoke

Re: New Album Release for Glen - Live From the Troubadour (2008)

Post by Cowpoke »

No you're right. I never saw George on tour with Glen, except for some of the tv gigs they did. Todd I saw in London in 2008. He did great and Iit seemed Glen was really fond of him, although they were from different musical worlds.

I'm a carefree, range ridin', driftin' cowpoke...
jay

Post by jay »

Mike,
Thanks for the link.
Very enjoyable set.

Glen is in top form. Cowpoke is right...Julian should be given all the credit here.

A couple of things about the folks on stage only overshadowed by Glen...

Todd Youth...so much talent and for him to pair up with Glen was crazy...

"I don't remember if it was Cheap Trick or Glen Campbell that I ended up doing first, but Julian called me for it. I think it was Glen Campbell. Julian knew I was a gear nerd and he goes, "It has to sound like 'Galveston" or 'Wichita' [Lineman]." I told him, "That's easy, I'll get a Danelectro baritone guitar for tone with a bunch of tremolo." So I go in to do the session, and I was only supposed to play on one song and ended up being on most of the record. That was the Meet Glen Campbell album. Then they asked to be in the band for the TV promo stuff for the album. I did The Tonight Show and Jimmy Kimmel Live! during that time. "
He also chose to tour with Glen afterward.
Sadly he passed away from cancer a couple of years ago.

George Doering...just a solid musician. Illustrious career. On over 800 soundtracks to movies...countless studio sessions. I don't think he toured with Glen as Todd did. His schedule was probably a little tighter than Todd's.

Cowpoke

Post by Cowpoke »

Thanks MikeM, definitely going to watch it

MikeM12

Post by MikeM12 »

Cowpoke, go to Best of Glen Campbell on YouTube. At the 2nd page, I posted a you tube link to watch that entire concert. Aired on PBS' Front and Center showcase.

Cowpoke

Post by Cowpoke »

I gave this album a listen again on Spotify. I must admit it's a great sounding concert, Glen is in top form, vocally and on guitar. The solo's Glen plays on the old songs are awesome. And we have Julian Raymond to thank for it. The only thing that is below par is the artwork of the front cover. Other than that, it's a pretty great live album.

jay

Post by jay »

jay

New Album Release for Glen - Live From the Troubadour (2008)

Post by jay »

Glen Campbell Live From the Troubadour.jpg
Glen Campbell Live From the Troubadour.jpg (82.86 KiB) Viewed 14115 times

"Glen Campbell’s Live From The Troubadour album has been announced for July 23 release, commemorating his appearance at the famed venue on West Hollywood’s Sunset Strip on August 19, 2008. The show was the last filmed performance of Glen’s career, in front of a sellout crowd, and became the PBS Front & Center special."

It appears that Glen recorded this during or after Meet Glen Campell, as the kids, Todd Youth and George Doering (who I don't believe toured with Glen, but recorded with him) are in the band. The best I can tell, these are the tracks included:

All I Want Is You
Sing
Angel Dream
By The Time I Get To Phoenix
Walls (Circus)
Galveston
Jesus
Gentle On My Mind
Sadly Beautiful
Good Riddance (Time of Your Life)
Wichita Lineman
Grow Old With Me
Rhinestone Cowboy
Times Like These
I am looking forward to listening to this...

They have released this video to support the album.